Parts for the square body family.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Ive been looking for a front Axle drive line loop...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ive been looking for a front Axle drive line loop...

Plan on breaking one huh??? Seems to me, something like that wouldn't be to hard to fab up yourself out of about anything laying around the yard if you've collected as much junk as I have.
I had to make one real quick back in the day. Me and a buddy went to a race track that we normally didn't go to and they pretty much required anything that was going to run the 1/4 mile in under 5 minutes flat to have a Driveshaft loop. Friggin Crazy. Happen to have found some straps from a garage door opener install kit and made one out of that. They were pleased and it got us in the pits. All that mattered.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Plan on breaking one huh??? Seems to me, something like that wouldn't be to hard to fab up yourself out of about anything laying around the yard if you've collected as much junk as I have.
I had to make one real quick back in the day. Me and a buddy went to a race track that we normally didn't go to and they pretty much required anything that was going to run the 1/4 mile in under 5 minutes flat to have a Driveshaft loop. Friggin Crazy. Happen to have found some straps from a garage door opener install kit and made one out of that. They were pleased and it got us in the pits. All that mattered.

Well,, LOL,, i havent planed on it,, but it sure could happen.

i put it in 4 high and hit the happy dirt trails and sometimes get up to a good 75+mph and id sure hate to have it come lose it the front and take out the oil pan..

im not to worried about the t-case end of it,, its a cvj back there and it wont fly around,, just kinda spin in place if it broke,, but the front one would ruin my day for sure.......

Yea,, i got enough crap i could prolly make one,, i have a few ideas...

i want one to be 2 piece,, the top part bolt on too and uses the diff top bolts,, and the bottom part also,, then a clam shell type connection around the drive line so it wouldnt bind.....

but it would have to be TOUGH,, a driveline coming apart at them revs?

man o man,, and yes i still drive it that fast anyway,, and my fingers crossed also,, but its a new shaft and joints,, so im not to worried...

id have to show ya on paper,, or pics when i get around to doing it....

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
How about you guys research and develop a transmission cross member for the K10 that wont catch on speed bumps. You could integrate some sort of skid plates and make it look all cool. I know the one on my truck has eaten a rock or two and is all bent to complete ****, same thing with Hotrods K1500. While you're at it research and develop a matching skid plate for the transfer case.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
1. sway bar disconnect
2. frame brace, what you guys already make is the repair kit
3. push bar/grill guard
4. crossover steering kit would be cool.

the simpler and cheaper the better lol

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
1. sway bar disconnect

Got mine in the mail today, hope to get it on tomorrow.

I would like to see an after market pre-runner bumper that bolts up and looks like it was oe. Similar to what N-Fab offers for newer trucks. The only one if seen looks out of place.

HD steering shaft that is not $300!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
This made me think of something that's pretty essential for trucks with bodylifts, basically you guys could buy Jeep Cherokee steering shafts, cut them down for Chevy squares and repaint them! I like the idea of prerunner bumpers but everyone has different tastes, might be hard to get a design everyone wants to bolt on their truck.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
Got mine in the mail today, hope to get it on tomorrow.

I would like to see an after market pre-runner bumper that bolts up and looks like it was oe. Similar to what N-Fab offers for newer trucks. The only one if seen looks out of place.

Where did you get it?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This made me think of something that's pretty essential for trucks with bodylifts, basically you guys could buy Jeep Cherokee steering shafts, cut them down for Chevy squares and repaint them! I like the idea of prerunner bumpers but everyone has different tastes, might be hard to get a design everyone wants to bolt on their truck.

If a company would do that, you know the steering shaft price would go thru the roof. I've installed one of the Jeep shafts on my truck and it's great. I won't be spending the big bucks on a Borgeson Steer shaft. I know of a guy selling them, separated, cleaned, painted and shipped in USA for $60 ready to install. I really don't see the advantage Borgeson has over those shafts.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
But I think the Cherokee shaft will be too short for a body lifted truck.

I'm thinking a 1987-95 Wrangler steering shaft will work better in those instances.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
But I think the Cherokee shaft will be too short for a body lifted truck.

I'm thinking a 1987-95 Wrangler steering shaft will work better in those instances.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'd have to agree. It's a good fit now, but I wouldn't my shaft any shorter than it is already. (Ah Fugg, I see that going to the quote thread already).

And it might even be that that shaft is still a bit to long, so the inner portion might need to be cut down a few inches so it has room to collapse.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I also agree on a Bullbar design.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
double or triple shock hoop.

Devillusion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 CCSB dually
Engine Size
Single traction bar setup as seen in the offroad sections. Shackle up front and a twin bar merging into one for flex and get rid of wheel hop. Could fit many applications with the adjustment of length, and axle diameter cutout. Going to be making myself a few here soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg