Parting out 96 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You did good then Dave. There is a reason why those aftermaket CertaFit Parts get the the name SortaFit instead.
I'd say $50 for an OEM fender is good price.

I'd also check the glove box for RPO codes, get that gear ratio. Likely to start with a G, and also if its got G80 then its the gov lock locking diff and people who don't know its junk will jump all over that for $100-$150. Being half ton, I am going to guess it to be a 3.42 ratio and could be a 3.73 also. I'd say its gonna be one of the two. GT4 is 3.73 ratio.

The 97 k1500 has the 3.42 rear and 90 C2500 has the 3.73 rear. The 90 C2500 has these 2 trans rpos mm4 and m20.

There's only 2 other trucks matching rpo options list.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
hood don't look bad in the pics. Mine looks in worse shape lol.

If his price is high on the fender Dave, how much would you sell one for? I know you had a truck you were parting out.

Good GM metal is worth good money, and honestly $50 would be better, but I could see an original gm going for $75 for sure. New aftermarket are like $90.

Too bad you aint close, with the hood being junk I'd take it off your hands, I want to build myself a cowl hood from a steel one, just need one to cut up and use etc.

lol you would be more then welcome to it hell ide even help you load it lol

You did good then Dave. There is a reason why those aftermaket CertaFit Parts get the the name SortaFit instead.
I'd say $50 for an OEM fender is good price.

I'd also check the glove box for RPO codes, get that gear ratio. Likely to start with a G, and also if its got G80 then its the gov lock locking diff and people who don't know its junk will jump all over that for $100-$150. Being half ton, I am going to guess it to be a 3.42 ratio and could be a 3.73 also. I'd say its gonna be one of the two. GT4 is 3.73 ratio.

damn it i forgot to look at the rpo codes while i was there.

3.42 (GU6) and 3.73 (GT4) were the only two ratios available.

thanks retro wasnt aware of that

The 97 k1500 has the 3.42 rear and 90 C2500 has the 3.73 rear. The 90 C2500 has these 2 trans rpos mm4 and m20.

There's only 2 other trucks matching rpo options list.

Dave your confusing me again. Why are we talking about your 97 and your 90 on this thread?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Your confusing me. Someone said something about checking rears.

They said For ME to check the RPO codes for the ratio, then you start in telling us about what your RPO's for both your trucks are for your Transmission and gears? TMI buddy

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohhh, you don't have the parts Burb at your house??? It only takes a flashlight to read them. Just look in the G's. And look for the G80 too.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I am always checking rears...That blonde at the grocery earlier had a nice one...

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Ohhh, you don't have the parts Burb at your house??? It only takes a flashlight to read them. Just look in the G's. And look for the G80 too.

If you've got the VIN handy pops, you can run it through http://www.compnine.com

BTW you two, I sent your boxes today, should have them sometime this week.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
no i got the burb at the inlaws where I could pull it in the heated shop to pull the motor and trans.

Thanks for the link retro I dont have the vin here either.

Thanks for the heads up on the package that means I gotta be sure to be home for it so the wife dont see it

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
dang man
wished I was closer I'd take it for sure. Been hard finding one free or dirt cheap here to use.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
dang man
wished I was closer I'd take it for sure. Been hard finding one free or dirt cheap here to use.

Thats usually the way my luck goes to most of the good deals i find are to far away, I did get lucky with this burb tho or atleast I hope i did lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pistol85