Painted driveshafts?

Painted driveshafts g hay or not g hay?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Painted or not, this can still happen;
You must be registered for see images attach

Who knows? Paint may have held this together
straight as a circle
or

g h e y as it seems to be called

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I didn't paint mine when I initially put my truck together but the front half of the frame is all that's painted and nice right now. Fixing to pull the bed back off and do the rear of the frame, shaft will get painted then. If I can figure out how to tape it off, I'd love to do the American flag

dcrider

Reaction score
First Name
dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
chevy scotdale,4x4
Engine Size
460 big block vhevy
So when I painted the chassis on the old Freedom Wagon, the bare metal rusty driveshafts got a gleaming coat of black paint as well.
In fact the only underbody and chassis parts that didn’t get painted were the engine/trans/tcase, shocks and a couple spots I initially missed on accident.

Buddy (who is a total gearhead and has cranked out a few awesome looking old Chevy trucks) was like “that’s not right. Driveshafts aren’t supposed to be painted, supposed to be rusty just like they came from the factory.”
I know a shot coat of paint isn’t going to hurt them, nor will it help them physically. Not like they’re going to rust out.
But painted steel driveshafts, **** or not ****? Did I break some fundamental restoration rule?
LOL.
Let’s hear it!
So when I painted the chassis on the old Freedom Wagon, the bare metal rusty driveshafts got a gleaming coat of black paint as well.
In fact the only underbody and chassis parts that didn’t get painted were the engine/trans/tcase, shocks and a couple spots I initially missed on accident.

Buddy (who is a total gearhead and has cranked out a few awesome looking old Chevy trucks) was like “that’s not right. Driveshafts aren’t supposed to be painted, supposed to be rusty just like they came from the factory.”
I know a shot coat of paint isn’t going to hurt them, nor will it help them physically. Not like they’re going to rust out.
But painted steel driveshafts, **** or not ****? Did I break some fundamental restoration rule?
LOL.
Let’s hear it!

(I'm not sure if this is correct thread, but oh well.)
For my '79 C30 that came as a cab and chassis originally, it has a long bed on it, but it is rusted though. Are there any specific years that are the best for interchangeability if I wanted to replace it? As well as that, the fuel filler is placed sticking though the bed on the driver's side, so I wonder if I'd need to change the location.
I appreciate any help. paint them if you got them

Attachments

• MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody