On my beast of a Burban im looking for thoughts on Off road lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
I have been looking at Pro Comps 130watt 8" and 6"_last Burban had 4 Hella lights cant afford 500 bucks worth of lights this go round.I will leave a pic at the bottom.Room isn't an issue and neither is amps,alt went feet up so i just kept digging thru part numbers till i found a 132 amp..

Want real experience with what your running or have run.Me always been a Hella or KC guy but these 130 Watt 8" and 6" aren't nutty on the price and if they work properly hell should be able light up small ball field.

Thanks

ps looking to mount 4

Attachments

• Burban 01 003.jpg
    Burban 01 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 167

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Dont have any experience with the Pro Comps but I wonder if I could get you to share that 132 amp alternator part number? :cheers: That would be enough for an underhood welder.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
Sure will i think it went on a rivera on some such had to clock the alt and change the pulley but no big deal.Just had to have the mounts right.

Hey ck your pm's

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sure will i think it went on a rivera on some such had to clock the alt and change the pulley but no big deal.Just had to have the mounts right.

Hey ck your pm's

Got it, and replied! :waytogo:

So is this part # a secret or what??? :shitsweak: Maybe someone can do a write up in the proper category for a 132 alternator upgrade??? :grd:

I also hope someday to be adding a 2nd battery and doing a write up on the tray addition, and wiring in the battery isolator. That with with the Alt upgrade would be some good info for off-roaders. I use an inverter alot when I am camping so sometimes an added battery is good to have.

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
YES! It's TOP SECRET!!! Just kidding, the PM was unrelated, concerning how to post youtube vids. I still wanna know the part number too lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
YES! It's TOP SECRET!!! Just kidding, the PM was unrelated, concerning how to post youtube vids. I still wanna know the part number too lol.

It can't be that hard to find. If I get up to it, I'll dig it out, if you want to do a write up on it. I know an alternator change sounds like a basic job but I know its not. The 132amp is bigger, so as Bob says, its clocked a bit differant, sometimes it even requires bracket change because the housing itself is bigger, the pulley is bigger so it likely requires a belt change unless its a serpentine system and can be compesated in the idler. Still, its not hard, but it would be nice to have an instruction sheet of mods needed, part #'s on the alternator, belts or pic o braket change or mod etc in form of a write up making it easy and everyone knows what they're getting into before starting. And to note, hold onto your socks when you see the price of the alternator too. Its not cheap if you get the good AC/Delco brand new.

crazy4offroad

Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
A Riviera might be a little more odd for our motors, I was once told to get one from a late 70's Cadillac, one that has power windows, seats, all the features that it has a much higher output alternator. Since I have a winch I think a higher output alternator would be a cheaper alternative to running dual batteries.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
For those with the serpentine belt setup can just get the 140 amp alt and bracket off a Caprice cop car, Cadillac Fleetwood or Buick Roadmonster.

And even if the alternator is gone, you can use the bracket and use the 140 amp off a 3.8 dustbuster van like mine.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
For those with the serpentine belt setup can just get the 140 amp alt and bracket off a Caprice cop car, Cadillac Fleetwood or Buick Roadmonster.

And even if the alternator is gone, you can use the bracket and use the 140 amp off a 3.8 dustbuster van like mine.

It's my understanding that the dustbuster alt will swap right into a truck with the old v-belt setup, just swap the pulley. I had forgot about that... now I have something else I can swipe from my mom's van, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's my understanding that the dustbuster alt will swap right into a truck with the old v-belt setup, just swap the pulley. I had forgot about that... now I have something else I can swipe from my mom's van, lol.

What a shame !! What kind of guy would rob parts off his own mothers vehicle??? :shitsweak:

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What a shame !! What kind of guy would rob parts off his own mothers vehicle??? :shitsweak:

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Hehe, we are going to be parting it sometime. It's going to help out several vehicles in the family soon, well, unless we find a cheep and low-mile 3.8/4t60e combo even sooner.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
Yeha finally someone other than me a C4 poted in here...Yep it came off a big ass Buick
had to clock it that's was about it..oh used old pulley so two things wouldn't happen my stock belt fit and a smaller pulley might cause it to overcharge.( oh a little clocking tip always pull the pulley and clock from the front your brush's wont pop out that way)

No secrete HR this Sunday coming up i have a kid that works at one of the shops i runs wants to get a strap and hook up to Chubs and do a little pulling im have a friend of MINE shooting a vid and i want post it here on the site

This is a 05/06 F150 3in body lift 315/75r16 Cooper AT's and he talks too much.His folks have a field about a 30 min drive from here...he has given me **** ever since i bought the Burban and i have heard ugly pos just one times to many.SO im going to drag him around until he yells uncle.His truck is a PURTY
red Ford with fluff everywhere.

im so damn glad someone else posted in here...lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1