okay be honest even if it hurts..need a realistic replacement cost of the Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
Im going to Allstate for everything and i want full coverage on the Burban. My agents first question is why and what its worth tp replace it and get the Burban back to this shape.

Im getting it painted white to the trim from there down sanded the body applied the good 3M grey black under coating

tone new stuff low mile 454-both axles done rear Auborn locker ,custom drive shafts,Jasper built transfer case and so much more don't to bore anyone. Just imagine it painted,carpet dyed .Low mile 454 with a few performance parts,fresh 205 Tc-both axles redone ( i have paperwork on the engine and and axles)

Be blunt and painfully honest i cant afford to be a ***** i want this truck fixed right if the unthinkable happens.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I don't know. It's very hard to derive replacement cost for something that's pretty much a one-of-a-kind. I'd suggest looking around for on AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc to see what an extremely clean, mostly original (or comparably modded) one goes for in your area. Then use that number and estimate what it would cost to re-do the majority of your mods and tack that on the top.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm surprised they're even considering full coverage on a ride that old to be honest with you. I'd put a figure like $2k on it but if you were to get into a wreck that required body work to fix and get back right you'd most likely get up to that $2k level fairly quickly and they'd total you out.

Personally, I'd just get liability on it and if an issue occurs with an accident fix it on your own so that your Burb doesn't get totalled by the insurance.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
well your right they didnt want to but i have had all my other insurance,term l,etc with them for 20+ years.......

AND your right one of kind so great to own and love the Burban,but insurance could care less.

I only have about 3K in it thus far even with the i have done the New Tires,etc.I went on CL since im laid up with broken neck thing and again your right i could find part of it but not all of it.

looked all thru Cgraiglist's within about 5-6 states around st.louis,found some great burbans but nothin like mine..soooo

well looks like liability after all.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have theft AND liability on mine. If someone hits me bad enough to total it or I wreck it, I'll just have to cross that bridge if/when I get to it. If it gets stolen....I get another!!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
If mine gets stolen I'm beatin' me up a thug if I find him then I'll get another!! :/

:D

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
freakin little bastards steal cars here in St.Louis like mad.ever since we all got the right to carry car jackings ground to a halt..damn the luck 5 in 2 years ATTEMPTED
car jacking s and had a really bad day.It was the last criminal act they tried to commit

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I have full coverage on my 82. It would be hard to put a number on it to replace it. You could always go classic tags?

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
on your full c0verage how do they come up with a total replacement cost or the figure they will total it at

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I would say about $8500 would be a good replacement price if it got totalled. Make it $9,000 to cover your deductible.

$2,000 in axles
$4,000 in engine, trans, t-case
$2,500 for the body

I know those numbers aren't exactly on the high side but it would make them happy.

Also if you have an Erie Insurance company in your area CALL THEM!! Wife had State Farm and I had Allstate, we went to Erie, put our vehicles together as well as home insurance and flood insurance, and saved $1,000 a year. Unless you just like their snazzy commercials and couldn't USE another $1,000 a year...

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
hhhmmmm i like that going to on the phone see what i can come up with--replacement cost on items installed...

thanks

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hate to say it, only way to get an accurate value is have it professionally appraised which costs about $500 in itself. But, if you're even seen a pro appraisal you'd know why its $500. That is what the real nice classic cars like you see on Barret Auctions have done. When you get the appraisal back, its like a bound book on every detail of the vehicle. You wouldn't be happy with the appraisal though, cuz they will go off of ACV (Actual Cash Value), not replacement cost.

I'd see if the insurance company will go for an agree value like C4 suggested which seems fairly accurate to me, maybe $5000 for 454, Th400 and NP205 in low mileage condition. But the axles and body seem about right. And you said you wanted to add a stereo system and TV's??? I'd see if they will go for an agreed $10K with accesories, powertrain, and body. Of course the higher the value, the higher your premiums too. Keep that in mind. You might be ahead of the game to just go with the flow or current value, hope its not stolen, then if it is totalled, buy it back for the powertrain and then buy you anther body and do it yourself?? :shrug:

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
Going to call allstate today and see how they feel about this. i dont want to lose my butt.you guys gave me a lot of good ammo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06