Oil pressure sensor/switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twitchedupnice

Reaction score
First Name
Ashley
Truck Year
1987?
Truck Model
S10
Engine Size
So working on this truck and get to the oil pressure sensor/ switch and seems I have an extra wire? It's brown. And an additional prong than what's in most diagrams but have read those harnesses switched up and possibly just left overs they didn't wanna toss. I'm not mechanic savvy nor am I mechanic or I'd be doing mechanic things. I have done research and it all leads to A. All of its unnecessary but then B fuel relay or something another is important. I've read I can bypass the sensor and get a mechanical gauge but does that screw something else up? Guess the ones that are willing to help pull up a chair it's gonna be a long ride and thanks in advance

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Some of the trucks have a terminal on the oil pressure sensor that cuts power to the electric fuel pump if the engine shuts down (and has no oil pressure). It’s a safety feature that ensures the fuel pump does not kept pumping and feed an engine fire after an accident.

twitchedupnice

Reaction score
First Name
Ashley
Truck Year
1987?
Truck Model
S10
Engine Size
Okay 75 I get that. I have 3 wires though and 2 I know this brown one is a butch. I've read just to wire it to the oil plate or one other spot. I'll tell you what I think and did I add I'm honestly an innocent bystander the brown one I guess powers whatever and needs to complete its circuit to do its job or i don't know. I've tried to help said mechanic and at this point who needs safety features. Put in your mechanic gauge for whatever purposes and move along. What is andor where does the brown wire go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1