oil pan bolts for Milodon oil pan with fel-pro gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
X3 The gasket should be applied clean to mating surfaces. You may find it leaks because of adding RTV or what ever it is you used. If you used gasket sealer it probably wont leak but gasket maker just means the gasket is not sealing to the mating surface and RTV doesn't stick well to rubber.

I use the felpro permaseal blue rubber gaskets and always apply them clean and dry and not one has ever leaked.

It is possible that you could remove the gasket and clean off all the RTV and then re-apply it clean. If the Milidon gasket is not rubber and instead is a material then it should be fine. The only other issue people have is that when using a cork gasket they apply so much RTV that it falls off inside the pan and can actually clog up the oil pump pick up screen

84 c10 o skool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
383 stroker
Thanks for all ya'lls help and advise. I should have ask about applying anything to the gasket before I install it.

It's still not to late to take off the oil pan and remove all the sealant. I checked it lastnight and tried to take some of the excess off and that stuff is on good.

Should I leave it or re-take the pan off?

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
If it were me I would redo it. It's a lot easier and cheaper to do it with engine out.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
^^X2