Nv4500/Np205/Twin-Stick Mod Underway////Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mike, have my 205 out, and was wondering how the twin stick works. I have a locker 44 in front, and in 4wd, its johnny armstrong steering. I heard that you can just run the front, and lock out the back. Hoping you or someone else can help. I have the Advanced adapters kit for the TH400/ 4l80e, (what I will be using,) with the big bearing input shaft. My 205 works good, but sometimes stubborn shifting, but had some silver fines in the oil, but it is quiet. Plan on a rebuild, but waiting till I get it apart to buy parts. Thank you, or one and all.
The Twin Stick separates the front from the rear. You can have front wheel drive only, rear wheel drive only, 4wd and both in neutral. The benefit is that it requires a fixed yoke output on both driveshafts. If you break a either shaft, you simply disconnect it and keep going with the remaining good shaft. There are also benefits with smaller turning radius in tight spots with FWD only. The T-case will require modified shift rails to work properly. I highly suggest not trying to modify the stock rails, rather spend the $$ on the one ORD sells. They aren't very expensive. 205s are heavy and awkward. If you don't know the history of it, I would buy a kit (I love TorqueKing brand kits) and replace the bearings and seals. Nothing worse than doing all that hard labor only to find it doesn't work right. Obviously, you will need a shifter for it. OD makes a great one but there are others. Once adjusted, my setup snaps into gear with one finger and is a joy to operate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk