Not sure what's up with this-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showme

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
1982 Chevy and 1983 GMC
Truck Model
C3500's
Engine Size
350's
I'm new to this forum, and I posted my first question a few days ago, and it was moved to a different sub-forum set. My post was, I thought, pretty much in the right place, and a place where the most people would see it. My question was about a part that's missing on the rear sway bar on the '83 C3500 dually I just bought. Need a replacement part, and wondered if anyone knew anything about them or where to get one. Well, my post was moved to "Street suspension" which has to do, from what I can tell, lowering or modifying suspensions. This rear sway bar looks stock, and I'm sure not lowering a dually. Being a one ton dually, referring to it as street seems a bit odd. Anyway, I've gotten one "kind of" helpful response, and the other was just a comment. Do questions get kicked to out of the way places for no specific reason a lot on this forum? I need help, not sent off to the hinterlands. (Not trying to sound like a jerk, just seemed like it was a subject that didn't fit anywhere else, and it was relegated quickly to a place I didn't put it.)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I was me that moved it. A lot of the stock 4x4 stuff fits in with the popular lifted category and the stock 2wd stuff often goes well in the lowered category. I personally just thought it was a better place because a lot of the guys that lower their trucks also do things like add sway bars, so somebody might have popped in and gave you exact part numbers or something. If you would like it put back, that can be done.

As for the answer I gave to your question, it really doesn't get anymore detailed than that without a specific part number (which I don't have). The best thing to do is just measure the link you still have on your truck, then go to any parts store and get a new pair of links that are close in length. It's a universal design, you don't even have to look them up by application, just tell them you are looking for sway bar links "X" in length. They will likely direct you to the isle with "performance" type stuff where they keep the polyurethane style universal links.

showme

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
1982 Chevy and 1983 GMC
Truck Model
C3500's
Engine Size
350's
Yeah, I'd like to have it back where I put it. Mine is a C3500, not a K. (Not 4x4). I figure with the numbers of people in that section, there's a better chance of running across someone who has seen these. plus, like I said before, it says it's for "technical or mechanical that doesn't fit in other tech categories". It didn't seem to fit into lowering or modifying to me, aside from far fewer people hitting on that topic. I called Napa, and they said they don't have them. I'll try another place or two. Don't really like to use the cheap junk parts stores. So, yeah, put it back in the original spot.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a NAPA universal sway bar link setting here, looks to be a universal sort of a thing.
Bolt is 3/8ths by 7-1/2" long. The spacer is 3", it has the washers and poly bushings with it.
Part number : 265-1323 NAPA Chassis.
Hope this helps.
If this one is too long, then Your NAPA store might be able to find one that is shorter, or, cut the spacer down to the length You need it then get a grade 5 bolt the appropiate length.
OH Yeah, welcome to the forum.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That part number I give You is for two sides, there`s two bolts/nuts/spacers/8 bushings and 8 warshers.

showme

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
1982 Chevy and 1983 GMC
Truck Model
C3500's
Engine Size
350's
Thanks, Marty, I'll give them a call tomorrow and give them this number. The guys at the shop are usually pretty good at finding things. I can't believe they didn't find this. I was under the truck today and measured the one on the drivers side and it measured about 5 1/2" (spacer), and, best I could measure from where I was at, the bolt was about 9", though it had almost 2" of thread sticking out the bottom nut. The usual rubber and washers in that total. It looked to be about a 1/4 - 5/16" bolt. That's a "close" measurement, seeing how I was laying in cold water and reaching around from the back of the axle to measure it with a steel tape. Judging from how the PO put this thing back together, I'm not sure if what's on there is actually correct. It looks like he put the wrong size neoprene bushings and clamps on the front bar. (a 1 1/4" bar). the rear looks to be 1 1/16" dia., best that I can see. Thanks again. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdk412