not impressed so far.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi, I just registered on this site. I found this site while on a search for some parts for my truck that are discontinued, so I thought this site would be a good place to find them. Now I find out that I cant post in the wanted section till I have 50 posts........what kind of B.S. is that?????? never have I ever heard of crap like that on any other site I have been on. So much for being helpful in finding these parts that are hard to find. Dale....andy72

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hi, I just registered on this site. I found this site while on a search for some parts for my truck that are discontinued, so I thought this site would be a good place to find them. Now I find out that I cant post in the wanted section till I have 50 posts........what kind of B.S. is that?????? never have I ever heard of crap like that on any other site I have been on. So much for being helpful in finding these parts that are hard to find. Dale....andy72

Than take that sweet ass over to another forum, I hear 67-72chevytrucks.com is great about that stuff you are complaining about.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size

But for realz this time, welcome to the forum and its disappointing to hear its not helpful. The 50 post limit is there to protect the members from possible scammers or people who only join to sell crap and not contribute. 50 posts should be enough to decide if someone is not a douche bag and can be trusted to do online transactions enough, hope that helps.

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I hope that pic on your page aint really your truck........

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I hope that pic on your page aint really your truck........

You mean the photo signature at the bottom of my posts? Its my truck with photo shopped 24 inch wheels.

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Never really thought about that.....just sucks to have to wait that long till I can start looking for the parts. I am in a really bad need of them. thanks for the explanation, you kinda pissed me off at first with that first response.......good to see you've got a sense of humor....I like it

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Never really thought about that.....just sucks to have to wait that long till I can start looking for the parts. I am in a really bad need of them. thanks for the explanation, you kinda pissed me off at first with that first response.......good to see you've got a sense of humor....I like it

What parts are you looking for?

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
mainly the Silverado 20 fender emblems.....gm quit making them last year, and nobody that I have called has them

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
there are a few on e-bay, but every one on there has the mounting pins broke off.....I would hate to have to double side tape the emblems on a brand new paint job.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
mainly the Silverado 20 fender emblems.....gm quit making them last year, and nobody that I have called has them

I am in the same boat with my high Seirra badges, no luck on ebay?

If we dont already have a BOLO section we should start one, just so if someone somewhere in the country is at a wrecking yard and see's something like that they snag it. We kinda already have that, Retroc10sport will go to the wrecking yard and look for stuff.

andy72

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
i'll keep an eye open for some high sierra badges....goin to a local junkyard next week. it seems like most people just pull/pry them off because they don't want to take fender loose. I gotta go for now...its nice to meet ya Irishman, Dale

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
50 posts !!!!!!!! ****, I think I did that within the first twenty four hours. :smoke2:

Welcome to the forum there 72. Now, get to posting.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Good to meet you too Dave, if you frequent the internet like we all do you will enjoy the forum. I have been talking to all these guys regularly for the past few years. Jims86 just rebuilt my TBI unit for me just because I mailed it to him, Jknight schooled me on Gumbo and even mailed me a jar of Roux and special rice for it a while ago, that was kick ass. I have mailed off various parts I was not using to members as well, great community.

I will keep an eye out for your emblems too, I think a truck sitting at my parents house might have them in fact!

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Than take that sweet ass over to another forum, I hear 67-72chevytrucks.com is great about that stuff you are complaining about.

Lmao, good luck with that!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
50 posts should be easy for a mouthy son of a bitch like you! Just kiddin, but you can see how starting off pissy can get you nothing but piss on your boots. Welcome to the forum! I've sold and shipped a lot of **** for these trucks on this forum. Stick around, you might like some of the people here, well besides the mean fuckers like me and Irish lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666