Not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dstringer

Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I got a new battery for my '76 c20 after the truck sitting for some time, it has a button wired to the starter. It'll crank over for a sec then the starter "disengages" from the flexplate and free spins. I have no idea what to do so I'm stuck on that until I can figure it out. If someone knows what I'm dealing with please help me tia.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If you wait a second and hit the starter button again,does the engine turn over or does it act up and not want to engage. 2 things going through my.mind if it acts stupid when you hit the starter the 2nd time I'd be inspecting the flywheel teeth,and starter bolts. If it acts fine on 2nd hit I'd suspect the starter bendix.

Last edited:

Dstringer

Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
It would go back and forth between turning over and acting up, it would turn over for a bit then the starter would disengage itself and still spin and I'd have to wait for it to stop spinning b4 hitting the button again.

Dstringer

Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
If you have insta, snap or messenger I can send you videos.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I don't do videos,I don't do vinmo,I don't do snap chat,I still prefer cash, I don't even except video calls from my mom,I suggest if you want to do a video, do you tube link it to your post,someone will watch it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1