not correct fluid level. help???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ok if i drop the pan on my th400 and change filter how many quarts should it take?? i ask because..... the dipstick read good when warmed up before i droped the pan . I reused the fuild because i just had pan down a week before to do redo gasket that i over tightend. this time i droped it due to the ruber o-ring for the kick down sensor was leaking. soo fixed that and added all the fluid back with new filter again and let the truck warm up. (cant drive truck not ready to go on road) and it wasnt even touching dip stick. i kept adding fluid slowly and checking every couple secs. still nothing, ended up adding 3 more quarts then it read it was good when warm. but i let the truck cool over night and im guessing i over filled it because it started to leak out the gasket. Now while cold it says its at warm level.

I know i wrote alot and it maybe a little confusing but im not sure whats wrong of if im just a little stupid. again i cant drive the truck its a project. fathest i can go is up and down my driveway.

help??

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnabyjo