No fuel to fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Lester

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna give it a try with blowing the line out. I was hooking the Electric pump up near the mechanical pump. The way I am figuring it if I mess something up like blowing the sock off I'll have to drop the tank anyway. I may do that anyway. I go the plugs/wires/Cap/rotor all changed this weekend. It really shot the crap out of it. But it runs way better now. Seems like I will still need to address the carb. I figured it would take a rebuild. But It idles pretty good for now.
Still have to get the brakes and fuel tank figured out. Progress though.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna give it a try with blowing the line out. I was hooking the Electric pump up near the mechanical pump. The way I am figuring it if I mess something up like blowing the sock off I'll have to drop the tank anyway. I may do that anyway. I go the plugs/wires/Cap/rotor all changed this weekend. It really shot the crap out of it. But it runs way better now. Seems like I will still need to address the carb. I figured it would take a rebuild. But It idles pretty good for now.
Still have to get the brakes and fuel tank figured out. Progress though.[/QUOTE you can probably drive it a long time without a sock on it anyway.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Jason Lester,

Once you get the tank off, if it does have a bunch of sediment and old fuel varnish and whatnot, also give concideration to cleaning out your fuel lines to. The stuff settles in them and stuff breaks loose from time to time. It's like plaque in your arteries. If it's been capped it really shouldn't be that bad.

Jason Lester

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Jason Lester,

Once you get the tank off, if it does have a bunch of sediment and old fuel varnish and whatnot, also give concideration to cleaning out your fuel lines to. The stuff settles in them and stuff breaks loose from time to time. It's like plaque in your arteries. If it's been capped it really shouldn't be that bad.

I was planning on shooting some carb clean in there and replacing any hoses. I figure that's cheap insurance. Plus running a fuel filter up front so I can keep an eye on it.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I was planning on shooting some carb clean in there and replacing any hoses. I figure that's cheap insurance. Plus running a fuel filter up front so I can keep an eye on it.
Dont put one of those cheesy clear ones on there on top of the engine, they dont like the heat and fluids and can potentially fail and spray fuel all over the engine. If you want the extra insurance, put a filter in-line on the frame rail between the pump and tank. This will keep junk out of the pump as well.

Jason Lester

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Dont put one of those cheesy clear ones on there on top of the engine, they dont like the heat and fluids and can potentially fail and spray fuel all over the engine. If you want the extra insurance, put a filter in-line on the frame rail between the pump and tank. This will keep junk out of the pump as well.

Yep, I can't believe they sell the ones that leaks still. I saw one of those at the parts store the other day. Guess they have there place. Just not up on the engine...or in my vehicles..LOL
I put a bigger clear-ish one down inline before the pump. That way I can see it if I want but if it leaks its on the ground not a hot engine. But that is all temporary for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84