Nice Burby Alert NW Daily Driver Survivor All Original Unmolested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
Don't know if I posted in the right place. Please advise if in the wrong place.

All Original pretty straight. I would call it a Daily Driver Survivor. She looks pretty straight not a lot o rust. Fairly priced.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
One day I'll own a Suburban like that. Right now my other vehicles are needed and I'd need to sell something to bring a Suburban into the fleet. But that's just what I'd want. 3/4 ton and nearing the end of the square body run means it's had years of refinement and includes fuel injection!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
Well you’re lucky, when you’re ready to get one, they’re plentiful around here.
@Dryriver1 That burb has been for sale for quite a while. I probably even posted the same pic here as yours a few months ago. Looks solid.
It’s a unique market I think. There’s a lot of clean, not beat to ****, square burbs for sale around here. Cheap. Half the price of comparable pickups.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
@SirRobyn0
@Dryriver1 That burb has been for sale for quite a while. I probably even posted the same pic here as yours a few months ago. Looks solid.
It’s a unique market I think. There’s a lot of clean, not beat to ****, square burbs for sale around here. Cheap. Half the price of comparable pickups.
Not around here!

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
I started to look at Burbs for fun and HOLY COW are there a lot of exceptionally clean rigs for under $7k! I might just forget that OBS crew cab I been dreaming of for a cheap suburban tow pig.....
Under $7k

Under $8k and real clean for the age.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0
I don't really pay attention to what rigs are going for or look up rigs for sale just to look but that is me.

I will say when I bought the Jeep in 2016 I also looked at a couple suburbans. The thing is while a Suburban would be really great to have on trip with the dogs with us, and plenty of cargo space we wouldn't be able to tow it, or wouldn't be able to tow it as easily as the Jeep behind the RV, and that was the main motivation for that purchase. It was suppose to be my daily driver and the vehicle we'd tow with the RV. Then my truck came along and good by to driving the Jeep daily...

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
What I want to know is:

Where in the world did 8 lug rally wheels come from?

Never seen that before.

o_O
They're actually 90s dodge 2500/3500 rims. My buddy has a set on his 84 c20. They fit a square surprisingly well, and they do look alot like a rally, but 8 lug. They look fitting.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
They're actually 90s dodge 2500/3500 rims. My buddy has a set on his 84 c20. They fit a square surprisingly well, and they do look alot like a rally, but 8 lug. They look fitting.

Interesting, what diameter are they, and if 16" I wonder if th 400 trim rings will fit.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
They're 16in. And yes the gmt400 trim ring that they had on the 16in 6 lug new rally will fit, have tried it.

And if you use the external threaded lug nuts they put on 90s trucks, you can run the 8 lug plastic center caps that screw onto the lug nut. Haven't dont that on a square, but have done it on the dodge wheels on my 98 burb.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
They're 16in. And yes the gmt400 trim ring that they had on the 16in 6 lug new rally will fit, have tried it.

And if you use the external threaded lug nuts they put on 90s trucks, you can run the 8 lug plastic center caps that screw onto the lug nut. Haven't dont that on a square, but have done it on the dodge wheels on my 98 burb.
Good to know, thanks again!
My crew cab has the steelies with rings and center caps, but they've got some surface rust on them. Be easier to have another set of wheels than to prep and repaint what's on it(just more $$$). I really want to put PY0s on it, for weight reduction and brake cooling/heat transfer. But every time the yards get a truck that has them, I'm broke.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1