Rust Free 1980 K10 SWB, What's it Worth ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a real nice '77 K10 SWB Silverado so I don't need another, but I found one.

What is a rust free '80 K10 Silverado 350/350 factory air worth? all original less than 100,000 miles , pretty straight 2 owner. drivable but needs work. I'd call it a super clean project not a driver as is.

I don't need it at all but he's open to offers. I'm trying to decide what a can't go wrong price would be so if I decide not to do anything with it I won't take a bath getting rid of it.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It depends on the area, overall condition of the vehicle, and how much the buyer and seller are willing to negotiate.

I see lots of trucks in the PNW and the owners think they are gold.

This guy is asking 10k super clean and original
You must be registered for see images attach

This guy is asking 9800...

You must be registered for see images

Both trucks are have their plus/minuses, so it comes down to what the buyer and seller agree on.

Personnally, I'd take the 77 and hand over the 10k cash because it is so much more a deal than the 79.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
It depends on the area, overall condition of the vehicle, and how much the buyer and seller are willing to negotiate.

I see lots of trucks in the PNW and the owners think they are gold.

This guy is asking 9800...

You must be registered for see images

Both trucks are have their plus/minuses, so it comes down to what the buyer and seller agree on.

Personnally, I'd take the 77 and hand over the 10k cash because it is so much more a deal than the 79.
Deduct $9,000 for the ridiculous rims, and ongoing embarrassment

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh but it'd been lowered and 'da cool rims and has a mat color and all. It's cool, daddy O, cool.

Ha, ha, ha,!

Now, I could go for a lowered truck but I'd be rally racing that sucker with a big block in it!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Aim high, shoot low, especially if you know the feller doesn't "need" the money, lol.

For reference, gave $8k for our '86 last year. Truck was/is 100% drivable anywhere, only needs were/are, super minor repairs, interior refurb and paint, everything worked (AC power windows cruise all lights etc). Interior was definitely livable but cracked dash, seat and carpet need re-done.
I feel I overpaid a bit, but each vehicle is different and I honed in on a decent list of new parts/repairs like all new brakes from master cylinder to rotors drums pads, calipers wheel cylinders, I was going to lift it, truck was lifted already with good springs and drop pitman, new power windows and locks, newish fully welded dual exhaust and ceramic headers, wiring wasn't hacked up to at all and it was the "right" combo. Figured I saved a couple grand in parts and lots of hours doing "routine" work.

Buddy scored a deal recently on an original '77? 3/4 4x4 350/4speed factory AC, running driving project that sat for 15-20 years, original paint in good shape and virtually no rust. He got $7k almost immediately from someone on the east coast sight unseen.

I'd say you're somewhere in that range.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Damn it, I may have to find an old school blue bug guard for the 86 now after seeing that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify