Newb from Tupelo,Ms finds his first love

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddmaxx65

Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just want to tell everyone hello and wow what a great site. I am an older member 48 to be exact . In 1984 i graduated high school and went to work as an electricians helper and in 1986 i purchased a brand new 1986 silverado c 1o . It was a dark blue with a blue inside and already had a set of aftermarket rims on it when i purchased it off the lot . The truck came with the following options 350 cid and 700r4 transmission - tilt , cruise , air , all gauges including the clock , dual gas tanks and sliding back glass . The truck and i went every place there was work - not much work going on in Tupelo,Ms. in the eighties so i did a lot of traveling out of state . In 1994 i sold my blue chevy and bought a new z71 silverado and have missed my blue chevy since . Fast forward almost twenty years later i was doing some electrical work at an elderly couples house and noticed an old blue chevy parked under a pine tree at the house next door . I finished my work and inquired about the truck next door - the elderly man new the home owner and would give him my phone number . I received a phone call the next day from the owner of the truck and went over to have a look at the truck - fingers crossed it was for sale . I pulled up at the owners house and we had a conversation about the truck - the owner said his uncle purchased the truck from the original owner in 1994 - hmmm thats when i sold mine -now the wheels in my head start turning could it be ? The owner said his uncle rebuilt the 350 motor and 700r4 transmission - now i'm getting real nervous mine had the same motor and trans ? He purchased the truck in 2005 just to have an extra vehicle around for hauling stuff to and from the houses he remodeled . He said he parked the truck around back in 2011 because the trans blew the front seal and he didn't have time to replace it but he did keep gas in it and would go out and crank it and let her run for fifteen to twenty minutes every weekend . Now i am almost about to bust my insides to go see this truck so we start walking towards the truck and he gives me the keys - i climbed in and pat the gas pedal twice and turn the key and then the magic happened - she fired up and sat there and idled so smooth . I began to look around on the inside and see the dual tank switch and then i had a feeling that this could be the truck i had bought back in 1986 ? I shut the truck off and began the inspection for rust - got underneath by the bed and no rust on either side - checked both sides of the cab and and no rust - popped the the hood and only rust i see is on the passenger side fender well under the battery . Ok now i'm feeling light headed and begin to feel something for this truck - back in 1986 i had a small Hank Williams Jr. decal that i put on the in side of the passenger fuel door - now i'm looking at the fuel door on the drivers side and go to the passenger side and praying under my breathe that some part or all of the decal would be there for identification . I slowly open the door and almost fainted there in all the black road grime is the out line of the Bocehus decal . I rubbed some dirt off and it's still white - kinda - but now i'm speechless here in this yard sat my first love and i'm in love all over again . I told the owner about the decal before i opened the fuel door and he could not believe it - he said that me and this truck where meant to be together and we worked out a deal that made him and me both happy. As of now the old blue truck is sitting in my front yard where she is patiently waiting her new front trans seal and then off to the shop for a ground up restoration and i can't wait to get back in and drive her off into the sunset . :Bye::Bye:

Last edited:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Welcome to the site Stacy! :wave: Site rules: We REQUIRE PICS!!! You MUST feed the pic ******!! Otherwise since I think I am closest to you I would be required to drive over and take possession of said truck. I would hate to do that but rules is rules :waytogo: Glad to have you here.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

maddmaxx65

Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome to the site Stacy! :wave: Site rules: We REQUIRE PICS!!! You MUST feed the pic ******!! Otherwise since I think I am closest to you I would be required to drive over and take possession of said truck. I would hate to do that but rules is rules :waytogo: Glad to have you here.[/
Thanks guys got pics and will post as soon as I get home

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
You home yet??? I NEEDZ PICS!.

All joking aside it's a great story about your finding your original truck and getting it back :waytogo:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Welcome aboard! That's a really cool story, I'm glad you found your original truck!

maddmaxx65

Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
86 silverado

ok here is the pics i shot the day i got her home
You must be registered for see images

http://s142.photobucket.com/user/maddmaxx65/media/86 chevy silverado/DSCN1980.jpg.html

Last edited:

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nice truck Stacy. Surprising to find someone from Tupelo here. I just joined today. Be seeing (reading) you around.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E. Texas!

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Welcome from southeast Texas. Love the story, I have never been able to locate my old truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda