Newb from Northern Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
No surprise there. Illinois is rough on vehicles. I'm sure they are a dime a dozen out there though for clean beds.

Randall12v

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Well...drove 2800 miles round trip and trailered the '84 back to its new home! Unfortunately wasn't able to get the rust free bed, the owner's schedule and mine didn't work out to get the bed off the other truck in time.

Either way, truck runs/drives! Needs an alignment and powersteering pump looked at as it squeels when turning right but is full of fluid.

Now the search begins for a CCLB 3500 4x4 Duramax!

Randall12v

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Well...drove 2800 miles round trip and trailered the '84 back to its new home! Unfortunately wasn't able to get the rust free bed, the owner's schedule and mine didn't work out to get the bed off the other truck in time.

Either way, truck runs/drives! Needs an alignment and powersteering pump looked at as it squeels when turning right but is full of fluid.

Now the search begins for a CCLB 3500 4x4 Duramax!

figured I'd update this...

I sold the '84, 3-4 weeks after bringing it home. A guy made me an offer I could not refuse. I was in the process of gathering funds for my pole barn, so this just helped perfectly!

Anyways, been out traveling all summer for work, searching more down in the south, and out west. When I was out in Idaho a couple months ago, I stumbled upon this '81 GMC K2500 4x4, 350, 4spd, regular cab, long bed, super clean interior. Cab corners have some bubbles on each, but other than that it is solid! The old man I bought it from had owned it since '84 and I knew it was well taken care of.

pics to follow...

Last edited:

Randall12v

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
good lookin truck!

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

Randall12v

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
LOL just realized I had this going. Sold the '81 within a week of bringing it home. Also an offer I couldn't refuse.

Now for the truck I WONT sell...bought a 1980 Chevy K30 former rescue truck with 15k original miles. Haha I got a great deal on this truck and have the 400 small block pulled currently to freshen it.

Also bought a regular cab Duramax and buying a '86 Silverado cab this weekend. Plan is to body swap onto Duramax chassis...after the firetruck is back up and running!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance