New to me K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Serge627

Reaction score
First Name
Ol Man
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello All,

I recently sold my 89 Dodge D250 (2wd) that I have had for about 8 years and picked up a 85 K10. I loved my D250, but unfortunately they make next to no parts for it and my options were limited on tinkering with it...so bring on the new truck.

I picked up the K10 about 3 days ago and have been going through the clean out stage at this point. The PO had rigged quite a few things on it and probably hadnt cleaned it in a few years! Either way I have two full bags of trash and finally got it looking a bit less infested, lol.

It has the normal rust spots and a fancy paint job with some camo duck tape as pin striping.

Today I removed the Camo tape and painted a stock grille I found at the local yard for cheap and put that on.

Heres a pic of her the day I got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Congrats on getting rid of the Dodge, that was a good move :roflbow: The camo ducktape pin stripes is some really tacky ****, glad you got rid of it. Looks like a good truck and WELCOME!

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Nice grab...

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB, Welcome to the Right Side of Truck ownership. I think you'll be much happier now and have more options and choices with finding parts not likely to be a problem. :waytogo:

Serge627

Reaction score
First Name
Ol Man
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies guys. Heres a pic of the grille I got out of the junk yard and repainted yesterday. It looks a bit better than the brown to me.

Quick question I have about the interior. I posted a pic of the bench seat that is currently in the truck. I went to take it out and the mounting brackets and bolts appear to be about 2 inches closert to center on both ends than where the stock mounting spots are? Were there two sizes of Bench seats as the years went by or maybe two different mounting points on the bench seats as the model years went.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard. :)

RETRO MODS ROCK

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the replies guys. Heres a pic of the grille I got out of the junk yard and repainted yesterday. It looks a bit better than the brown to me.

Quick question I have about the interior. I posted a pic of the bench seat that is currently in the truck. I went to take it out and the mounting brackets and bolts appear to be about 2 inches closert to center on both ends than where the stock mounting spots are? Were there two sizes of Bench seats as the years went by or maybe two different mounting points on the bench seats as the model years went.

NO, sounds like maybe someone has put a GMT400, or 88-98 seat in the truck. They are narrower.

Serge627

Reaction score
First Name
Ol Man
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
NO, sounds like maybe someone has put a GMT400, or 88-98 seat in the truck. They are narrower.

Ok that would make sense, thats what it is. Where they bolted it up though, the drivers side front bolt is almost directly above the front portion of the gas tank and quite hard to get to! ugghhh

Love the truck though and am having a blast brining it back from the hack job it had done to it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky