New square body owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
More pics. One is the wheels when I bought her. They’ll get a repaint and new tires for the winter, giving her the original look which I like just as much. The other is the interior (obviously) with my second favorite part of the truck, that fantastic seat in perfect condition. I like it so much that I’m gonna cover it with one of them nice covers from LMC to preserve it. BTW, my favorite part is the one year only grille. Did not know that fact until after I bought it.
Once again, thanks for the love
Tom

You must be registered for see images attach

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Also, I repainted the badly dried out door panels with LMC blue but I’m not happy with the results, along with those speaker lumps replacing the door pockets that were there. All new blue door parts coming soon along with speaker upgrade and relocation.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Also, I repainted the badly dried out door panels with LMC blue but I’m not happy with the results, along with those speaker lumps replacing the door pockets that were there. All new blue door parts coming soon along with speaker upgrade and relocation.

Are you saying you put in the speaker pods ?

Mine has them , as you said instead of map pockets, which I have thought about putting on the bottom part of the door.

At any rate, if you added them, where did you get them ?

Another 1 year only 80 option so far as I know.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Welcome from Texas nice lookin truck

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I did not put the speakers in. I think they’re unsightly. There are tabs where the map pocket used to be. I believe the Silverado package of that year had the map pockets as part of the package. I am going to buy the kick panels with speakers built in from LMC truck, along with two new 6 X 9’s behind the seats. I will also explore the under dash option. The truck has an excellent retro sound unit with Bluetooth and all the goodies. I’m just getting rid of those door speakers.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I did not put the speakers in. I think they’re unsightly. There are tabs where the map pocket used to be. I believe the Silverado package of that year had the map pockets as part of the package. I am going to buy the kick panels with speakers built in from LMC truck, along with two new 6 X 9’s behind the seats. I will also explore the under dash option. The truck has an excellent retro sound unit with Bluetooth and all the goodies. I’m just getting rid of those door speakers.

Please save the pods as I believe they are hard to find. You may want them someday, or someone here may need them !

:)

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
When you say pods, do you mean the plastic speaker covers screwed into the door panels where the map pockets were once located? Also, a hole was cut into the door panel to accommodate the speaker magnet and the whole mess held in there with sheetrock screws. If those things are hard to find then it’s first come, first served because they’re going in the trash. Free to a good home.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
When you say pods, do you mean the plastic speaker covers screwed into the door panels where the map pockets were once located? Also, a hole was cut into the door panel to accommodate the speaker magnet and the whole mess held in there with sheetrock screws. If those things are hard to find then it’s first come, first served because they’re going in the trash. Free to a good home.

Yes, the plastic speaker covers on the door panels.

If you don't want them, and take PayPal, I will pay for the ride if no one else here closer needs them.

:)

I thought those speakers were a GMC only thing, but perhaps not.

I was thinking of buying some LMC map pockets and mounting them on the carpeted area to have both.

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
More pics. One is the wheels when I bought her. They’ll get a repaint and new tires for the winter, giving her the original look which I like just as much. The other is the interior (obviously) with my second favorite part of the truck, that fantastic seat in perfect condition. I like it so much that I’m gonna cover it with one of them nice covers from LMC to preserve it. BTW, my favorite part is the one year only grille. Did not know that fact until after I bought it.
Tom

That seat, especially being that color, is in amazing shape!

:waytogo:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome! Beautiful truck!
Probably the first orig dash pad not all cracked up I've seen....since the 90s lol.

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
No kidding on that seat! It’s so cool, I hate to cover it but I eat in my vehicle and I can’t mess that seat up. Doesn’t even have a coffee stain on it... on that dash - HAD no crack until 40 years of Florida warmth got introduced to New England February. The vinyl shrunk and a crack has formed right in the middle top though the speaker and is creeping down the front. Have a vinyl repair kit but haven’t got to it yet. Busy now with summer and my 63 Wildcat convertible, my first love. Also building a 51 Willys cj from the ground up.
Goldie Driver from Houston - The speaker covers are yours but it may be a bit before I get to them, but not long, new speakers are on the short list. My email is [email protected]. Contact me and we’ll keep that private.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Tom

One year only door panels too iirc... @Goldie Driver could correct me. Please negate, i just read all the way through.:suicide:

Tom Sawyer

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I have to confess that I assumed because it was the Silverado edition that it would have those map pockets and the tabs are there for them. I did not know GM had those speaker covers available. I guess it doesn’t matter, I am replacing everything on the door except the bling, which is still in perfect shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg