New Shocks.....No bolts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I'm just about to install my new shocks but they didn't come with the bolts. My square didn't have shocks on it when I bought it. What size bolts do I need to get these babies mounted up?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
What location do you need? Front & Rear? Regular or Quad fronts?

Do you have the stock upper shock bolt?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The stock upper shock bolt for the rear comes with the shocks. If it didn't I would go back and make them get it!

Everything else just use grade 8 bolts of the appropriate size

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Shock Bolts

I do have the upper bolts on the rear. Those were the only ones on the truck when I got it. I also looked through the boxes and found the new rear upper bolts. I will be needing the lowers for the front and rear. I originally bought a dual front shock kit but was told it doesn't need them so I'm still deciding whether or not to install but I did open the package to check out the bolts, so I'll just use the extra long upper dual shock bolt as a reference for the lowers. Thanks for the help! I'll also try posting some photos as I go, I'm just now starting to get things done on my square.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I like using the grade 8s cause when its time to replace the shocks you can undo the grade 8s where as the grade 5s will snap.

Trick is to get them just the right length so there is not too many threads exposed to rust.

The stock front dual shock bolt on the bottom is grade 8

Otherwise grade 5 will suffice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kookieman 98