New owner but older person,,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilike55s

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
305?
Greetings to all,,I'm new to the site but have been a lifelong Chevy lover. I have owned 4 of these squarebody trks. I just came onto one of the nicest 82 Silverados I've seen. If you like Black trks,,this is the one,,!! I bought this from suppossedly the second owner and trk came from central Oklahoma, no rust anywhere. Don't know if factory but the cab has 5 amber teardrop lights across the top front of the cab that work. Interior is nice and was surprised to see a quartz clock in lower left of instrument cluster and it works as well. The radio was gone as they had installed a Pioneer unit that they took with them, so big hole there, but I'm fixin to put an aftermarket unit temporarily. The owner told me they took the original radio out and it is laying in the barn in Ok,,,One thing I had not seen before is the cab roof has what looks like a factory molded material (Black of course) that is like new condition,,no cigarrete burns either,,, The engine is according to them is a little old 305 with a 4 barrel quadrajet (factory?) Engine has a miss that I have not had time to check out. The steering column was tore up as somebody tried to steal the trk and took a hammer to the ignition switch and even tore up the cruise control. I was able to locate an identical column out of a 1 ton welder trk and am in process of changing the columns out. New ignition switch is on the way.
What I would like to ask,,is,,the trk has 235 75 R15 tires with some aftermarket wheels that need some rust spots polished. Tires are just average and will need replaced soon. What I would really like to do is call on the members here to ask which 17" GM factory wheels (5 hole) will fit the C10 trk. As everybody knows,,the 15's are so scarce anymore and I would like to change to the more readily available 17's,,and,,,I just happen to have an almost new set of 235 70 R 17 tires to go along with the 17" wheels.
Not really wanting to spring for new aftermarket wheels just yet,,,as I'm still trying to convince the Chairman that I don't need to spend any more money on the trk,,,,Ya'll know how women can be,,,,,,
Glad to be here and hope I can contribute some of my 71 year knowledge to others here,,,,,

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Welcome, you will like it here. Congrats on the truck. A rust free truck here in eastern NC is rare and gets a good price. I've seen some old squares with late model wheels but to me the offset never looks quite right.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Welcome. If you remove the the screws for the cab lights you will see the roof is actually stamped for the lights. Also the outer OEM lights face slightly to the side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne