New member Lancaster Ca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C30vet

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado
Engine Size
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the second squarebody truck I've ever owned, a 1975 C30 Crew Cab Dually. 8 years ago I was financial situations forced me to sell the '76 C30 Dually that had been in my family for over 30 years and I've regretted it ever since.

I decided in January that I would sell my 1970 El Camino that I had owned for 18 years and begin to look for another truck, with a preference of finding something pre smog. With the intent that the truck could haul the whole family to car shows (which the el camino could not) and fill the void that the sale of the 76 had made.

I looked at a number of trucks through facebook marketplace, missing out on two different 75 year model trucks early on in the search because of bad timing.

I kept looking and did not find any good pre smog candidates and figured I would need to settle on something mid 70's but a truck that would need to be smogged. I put a deposit down and flew out to Arizona to look at a 76 GMC but it did not turn out to be all it was advertised to be.

Rented a car and returned home. Defeated. Then a couple days later, came across a truck with a single photo, posted way down in the comment section of a post asking about trucks for sale. Contacted the guy, got all the specifics, and after mothers day weekend, drove to Bakersfield to check it out with a buddy, prepared with cash in hand and a trailer in tow. Turned out that it was an original 1975 model with just over 25,000 miles on the clock. The gentleman who owned the truck, bought the truck from the original owner, who had bought the truck new with the sole purpose of putting a camper on the back. Documentation in the glove box (which includes the original purchase receipt) showed that the truck had hardly been driven, registered every year up until 2010 and finally sold in 2021/22 after the owner passed and his wife was clearing out the estate.

Needless to say, I bought the truck and hauled it home. It has a little bit of rust in the bottom corners of the doors, and a tad in the fenders, all original paint that has been worn into what many consider patina. I personally prefer clean paint, but don't currently have any plans to paint this anytime soon.

The interior needs hardly anything, maybe a dash pad and headliner but those aren't pressing items. It could use some new window felts and wing window seals as well. The transmission needs to be pulled to address a very bad leak, that is rendering the truck non-driveable, likely because everything sat for so many years and dried out. But other than some general items, once the transmission is fixed, this truck should be back on the road. Belts and hoses, brakes, and a few other items were handled by the previous owner. I'm looking forward to creating new memories with the family and getting this classic back on the road again.
You must be registered for see images attach

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Whoa! What a score! Hell of a story that definitely sounds like fate to me. So let it be. Very, very cool. Keep us posted and welcome from VA.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Welcome from Missouri.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Welcome from Austria. Nice truck.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Wow, what a time capsule! Great score and welcome to the site!

HS

C30vet

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for the welcome everyone. I'm in the process of removing the transmission to address the major leak. Hopefully have that figured out soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky