New Member From Morenci, AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome to the site. I really like your original '77!!! :drool:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Loving the idea of another AZ member. When I finally get ready for the big move from OKC to AZ, I'll have plenty of peeps to look up when I get there.

ChevyKid24

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I drove haul trucks and other machinery at the power plant outside of Springerville frome 04 to 08. We had no hills, it was all flat so we could rock all day at 40, the 100 ton trucks will go 40. We had a Hitachi Uclid that we clocked at 55, ******* terrifying.

The only Freeport mine I was in was Tyrone outside of Silver City and I worked for Hamilton until the price of copper plummeted. Right now I am working on moving to Tuscon so I can work in their Green Valley mine.

Damn 55 in a haul truck is nuts, but it sure would be fun till you hit a pot hole! Tucson is a good place for 4wheeling. Went rock crawling a couple months ago with some friends over by Tanque Verde in Saguaro National Park and had a blast. The trail was called Chiva Falls. Look it up on youtube there are some good videos of people trips. Like this one lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-bQUDJrDE

This is the group we went with. My friend had the Maroon and black Jeep Cherokee but we ended up getting a flat a little after the trail started and forgot the spare in the truck. Some dude had a spare he let us borrow on the way out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tjA-J4ghg&sns=fb
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z31/plylerjosh/?action=view&current=4-23-11.mp4

Welcome ChevyKid !!! Looks like a great project start. I sure like the bolt on trans hump. We've been disussing that lately as what decides if these squares got bolt on hump or not.
Is your Tcase an NP203 or NP205?
Loving the idea of another AZ member. When I finally get ready for the big move from OKC to AZ, I'll have plenty of peeps to look up when I get there.

That is a good question I would also like to know what determines that. And I have a NP203 Tcase out of a 79 blazer. In AZ there is a lot of people with 4wheel drive trucks and there are a lot of places to cruise around here.

Welcome to the forum! Morenci, Az...reminds me of an ollllddd song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiNEMQaby9U
Ejoy your stay here and post plenty of pics!! :grd:

Never heard that song before. Pretty crazy George Jones wrote a song about my home town haha. I will be sure to take plenty of pics! Maybe I will start a thread in the Under Construction Fourm.

Welcome to the site. I really like your original '77!!! :drool:

Thanks bro. I wish I still had it.

Last edited:

Lowered4Life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

when are you heading out here?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not real sure. I'd be there already if I hadn't got divorced since we were waiting for my daughter to finish high shcool, but get there before my son started Jr High. Now that my son is a sophmore, I might wait til he graduates, but he lives with his mom in TX now, so I was thinking of selling my house and possibly move there before winter of this year. But now, my son says he wants to move back home with me and finish high school where his sister graduated and I attended for a year as a kid. In short, it all depends on my son. His education is first priority to me. I would like to start getting to AZ for a few days every 3-4 months and start getting know areas so when I do get ready to pull the trigger I know where I want to go.

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Damn 55 in a haul truck is nuts, but it sure would be fun till you hit a pot hole! Tucson is a good place for 4wheeling. Went rock crawling a couple months ago with some friends over by Tanque Verde in Saguaro National Park and had a blast. The trail was called Chiva Falls. Look it up on youtube there are some good videos of people trips. Like this one lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-bQUDJrDE

That Japanese machine was the wildest thing I have ever run, it had an enormous Cummins that had so much power it would make you giggle. The thing would launch like a dragster, I wish we would have recorded the wheel stands it would do with the bed up. Everyone that drove it said it felt like it was going way faster than other trucks, my buddy drove a pickup next to it while the uclid said it was going 44, but the pickup was reading 55.

Looks like your buddies were having some fun out in the desert, "go go driver" haha. I like wheeling but I have nothing to wheel right now.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome, need some pics of the Blazer also.

ChevyKid24

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That Japanese machine was the wildest thing I have ever run, it had an enormous Cummins that had so much power it would make you giggle. The thing would launch like a dragster, I wish we would have recorded the wheel stands it would do with the bed up. Everyone that drove it said it felt like it was going way faster than other trucks, my buddy drove a pickup next to it while the uclid said it was going 44, but the pickup was reading 55.

Looks like your buddies were having some fun out in the desert, "go go driver" haha. I like wheeling but I have nothing to wheel right now.

Hahaha that sounds freakin sweet bro. Sounds like your mine is more laid back, we would get fired for that here.

Yeah that day was pretty fun. It was kinda to slow for me though.

Welcome, need some pics of the Blazer also.

The guy I bought the truck from bought the Tcase at the junkyard so I don't got a pic of the blazer.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hahaha that sounds freakin sweet bro. Sounds like your mine is more laid back, we would get fired for that here.

Yeah that day was pretty fun. It was kinda to slow for me though.

It was at a power plant, I left about 4 years ago now. There was 3 of us working at night all under 25 with ZERO supervision so we had some fun, thank god we lived through it. If MSHA was involved we would have been fired.

ChevyKid24

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It was at a power plant, I left about 4 years ago now. There was 3 of us working at night all under 25 with ZERO supervision so we had some fun, thank god we lived through it. If MSHA was involved we would have been fired.

Haha sounds like a job I use to have. Like 4 years ago me and my friends all worked for the school district n basically messed around all day. Out of sight, out of mind was our moto.

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB, nice short and narrow btw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef