New Member BIRDMAN - Forum Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
You would be surprised how much the rep would be used by non posting and minimum posting members also, it get's them involved. And you can leave a message with the rep, which gives it a personal touch and creates a type of camaraderie. There is also a "Thanks Button" that can be implemented that a user can hit and leave his/her name on the bottom of the "Thanked" post. This will also cut down on the tons of two or three word posts or smiley posts that are used just to respond to a thread to show you are watching or interested. So it will help clean up threads a bit. You know what I mean when you see 2 pages of a thread of several members in a row saying "Nice Job" or "Thanks for the info" or the like. It also makes it easier for users on a portable device, it will save them from having to type a response. They can just hit a button.
Nice job

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You would be surprised how much the rep would be used by non posting and minimum posting members also, it get's them involved. And you can leave a message with the rep, which gives it a personal touch and creates a type of camaraderie. There is also a "Thanks Button" that can be implemented that a user can hit and leave his/her name on the bottom of the "Thanked" post. This will also cut down on the tons of two or three word posts or smiley posts that are used just to respond to a thread to show you are watching or interested. So it will help clean up threads a bit. You know what I mean when you see 2 pages of a thread of several members in a row saying "Nice Job" or "Thanks for the info" or the like. It also makes it easier for users on a portable device, it will save them from having to type a response. They can just hit a button.
Very True and Valid points. :waytogo: The rep is for a sure a good thing IF we have members that use it right. Usually the biggest issue is the Negatives. I wonder if Admins can overide and take negatives off? :shrug: Cuz you know if someone gets a negative they'lre likley to give out unwaranted negative in retaliation. However, you are anonymous when you give rep unless you type your ID in with your optional comment.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I think giving reps should NOT be anonymous. The internet is awash with enough anonymity already, and knowing that this person is gonna know YOU gave them a negative rep might deter them. Except some of us lol, I'm sure all the regs will be well below -0 reps just ******* with each other! :Moon:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I am hurt that you think we would do that to each other.
You are now -10 points:Moon:

delsolkm14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350ci SBC
I know I am new, but in the lounge area is there a way to enable youtube embedding? In other forums, you post the YT link and it places the video in the thread so you don't have to click a link to open up the video in a new tab/window. Makes viewing them a lot better.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ahh, now that is a good feature. Cuz I pretty much know who the go to guys are for most things needed. Like Pops for -E transmissions, C4 for 4x4 Dshaft and U joint isses, Old77 for Dakota Digital or later seat model upgrade etc, Retro for electronic mods, bucket for ...... and so on. :waytogo:

Don't lead me on man, what am I a go-to guy for? I gotta know :crazy:

How about a classifieds feedback system? I know that right now, this is a smaller forum and it's full of trustworthy members, but it's only a matter of time before it gets a little more busy and there are members that are not familiar with other members.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Is this a proposed popularity contest for the forum? Sounds dumb as **** to me. I like all you guys alot but could give two flying ***** what anyone thinks about my internet behavior :flipthebird::High 5:.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is this a proposed popularity contest for the forum? Sounds dumb as **** to me. I like all you guys alot but could give two flying ***** what anyone thinks about my internet behavior :flipthebird::High 5:.

I don't think you need to mention about giving a flying **** about your internet behavior. Which is all good, it's all about you, but obviously it is a reflection about you. It might come back to bite you in the ass someday. You're young, so you've got time to recover. You're not anythying we can't handle around here. :waytogo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know I am new, but in the lounge area is there a way to enable youtube embedding? In other forums, you post the YT link and it places the video in the thread so you don't have to click a link to open up the video in a new tab/window. Makes viewing them a lot better.

We have that. C4 knows the html tags needed to do it. Something like [yt}and then close it with [/yt} Notice I used a } where it should be a ] to make it visible to you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't lead me on man, what am I a go-to guy for? I gotta know :crazy:

How about a classifieds feedback system? I know that right now, this is a smaller forum and it's full of trustworthy members, but it's only a matter of time before it gets a little more busy and there are members that are not familiar with other members.

True, the site will grow, and as new members trickle in, we'll get to know them, they get to know us, and it will flow. We're farily laid back here, maybe to much sometimes, but don't claim to be a site for kids and not going to be. We also do a good job of welcoming members IMO and making them feel at home as if we've known them for a year already. Implement some new features and Admins don't rock the boat this site will grow. Sure it's not going to grow like some can since we are a dedicated forum for a paticular model vehicle rather than a generalized site, like a truck forum or a 4x4 forum. But, being dedicated, also makes us a better forum for info.

With all your fuggin trucks, you have mega experience in squares.

delsolkm14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350ci SBC
We have that. C4 knows the html tags needed to do it. Something like [yt}and then close it with [/yt} Notice I used a } where it should be a ] to make it visible to you.

Ok, will check that out. The other forums I am on no tags needed, it just does it automatically.

Thanks.

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
What's up fellas sorry I missed this thread. I'm here to help out Shaggy with the forum stuff. If there's any suggestions you have feel free to shoot them at me. You guys want TapaTalk? I might be able to make that happen :).

That would be GREAT!!! :grd:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C

Just to expand on that a bit, you only copy/paste the portion of the text after the = symbol and before the & symbol. (if there is one, some videos dont have the "&feature=related" part) So if the video's url looks like this... ttph://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAsStEDTTU&feature=related... you only need to copy/paste KvAsStEDTTU and insert it between the code HRPC mentioned. If that doesn't make sense you can click on "quote" for this post and see the code for this video.

[yt]KvAsStEDTTU[/yt]

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Just to expand on that a bit, you only copy/paste the portion of the text after the = symbol and before the & symbol. (if there is one, some videos dont have the "&feature=related" part) So if the video's url looks like this... ttph://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvAsStEDTTU&feature=related... you only need to copy/paste KvAsStEDTTU and insert it between the code HRPC mentioned. If that doesn't make sense you can click on "quote" for this post and see the code for this video.

[yt]KvAsStEDTTU[/yt]

Didnt even knew they made a square burb radio control car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus