New K25 Owner in Ohio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I had a Maui Blue 5 speed for awhile but it was wrecked and after selling the engine and trans, I had to crush it.

Of course, now I know it was 1 of 2 made.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had a Maui Blue 5 speed for awhile but it was wrecked and after selling the engine and trans, I had to crush it.

Is that Maui Blue a real color name for GM? Do you have an RPO code for it?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
MEDIUM MAUI BLUE METALLIC (23U)

You must be registered for see images

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

The one I had was wrecked so hard that the upper engine mount broke the cylinder head. I still have most of the good body parts.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
MEDIUM MAUI BLUE METALLIC (23U)

It doesn't look as good on a Lumina as it does a Burb. A newb just posted a Maui Blue Burb.

DreamWeaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size

wow! yeah...Maui Blue was a new color in '93 & all 5speed Z34s were special order. 51 of them were ordered in total!
wish you had the 5speed parts from that...would save me some time this next month...I'm converting my 93 to 5speed using my 92 as a parts car...I'll have to retrofit some 92 parts, cuz 93s received updates brake light switches and whatnot. at least my donor car isn't a 91, which lacked ABS...

The one I had was wrecked so hard that the upper engine mount broke the cylinder head. I still have most of the good body parts.

any manual-specific parts? :) all of us Lumina owners have a couple sets of Z34 body kits stuffed in the back of our shed and will probably never use them...haha

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
any manual-specific parts? :) all of us Lumina owners have a couple sets of Z34 body kits stuffed in the back of our shed and will probably never use them...haha

At one time I had most of the stuff. After tearing the entire car down I went to remove the pedals and it looked like a royal pain at the time, so I cancelled my swap plans and ended up selling all the other 5 speed parts. At the time I did not realize how scarce the cars are. And yep, got a complete body kit still that will probably never get used.

DreamWeaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
haha if I ever move out of the rust belt, I'll buy every base & Euro coupe I can get my hands on and put Z body kits on em just to put them to use.

so, this truck of mine has a '78 Chevrolet 2WD cab, full GMC badging inside & out, 8-bolt axles, but 1/2Ton fender emblems. How do I know what I've got?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
haha if I ever move out of the rust belt, I'll buy every base & Euro coupe I can get my hands on and put Z body kits on em just to put them to use.

so, this truck of mine has a '78 Chevrolet 2WD cab, full GMC badging inside & out, 8-bolt axles, but 1/2Ton fender emblems. How do I know what I've got?

VIN # will tell you everything, whether it's a Chevy or GMC and if it's a C10, C20 or C30.

DreamWeaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
where can I find it besides the cab, since it's inaccurate? even my title says "Chevrolet Sierra"...wtheck?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Partial VIN will be stamped in the frame under cab on the right frame rail.

This is the last 8 characters of a VIN with a C in front of it. Not sure if the C is for Chevrolet, or C Series Truck. I guess I'd know if I seen a GMC truck start with a G or a 4x4 truck start with a K.

attachment.php

DreamWeaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
whoa...thanks! gotta get that frame VIN and find out more about this truck!
replaced the aged, cracked blue dashboard today (was complete with a giant hole in it for a CB with a black one. kept my scratched up Sierra Classic trim piece, though, because the donor dash didnt have openings for vents. how uncommon are the dash vents?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
All squares with A/C got them. I had a fluke truck though a long time ago, never had A/C (factory or aftermarket) but had the vents and they were functional. Wish I still had it to prove it but alas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64