New gauges installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Can't say enough about how easy and good looking this swap is.

You must be registered for see images attach

I LOVE the way those tachs look. I would have loved to have done that to my truck, but at a cost of $250, I just couldn't justify it. So I opted for a universal and mounted it just to the left of the ash tray. It's not ideal but functional.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
I LOVE the way those tachs look. I would have loved to have done that to my truck, but at a cost of $250, I just couldn't justify it. So I opted for a universal and mounted it just to the left of the ash tray. It's not ideal but functional.

I always wanted a tach, but am also not a fan of add-ons that do not look OEM. Since I have TBI, I got ALDLDroid for my phone and a blue tooth OBD1 reader. Now I not only have a tach when I want one, but also a scan tool to see what all the sensors are doing and quickly read check engine light codes. It was also a lot cheaper than a dakota digital dash....which was another option I considered.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
When you put $10k into body work and paint, $300 is nothing.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Can't say enough about how easy and good looking this swap is.

If this kit comes back in stock, would it work for a '90 Suburban? In my LMC catalog, it says part number 36-1873 is for 83-87 models. I see that lower on the same page, they sell just the tach in either 5000 or 7000 RPM's and show it for 79-91 models. Just curious what the difference might be?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If this kit comes back in stock, would it work for a '90 Suburban? In my LMC catalog, it says part number 36-1873 is for 83-87 models. I see that lower on the same page, they sell just the tach in either 5000 or 7000 RPM's and show it for 79-91 models. Just curious what the difference might be?
i would think a 91 suburban is just like a 87 truck except it has more digits for odometer, maybe trip meter, and the fancy electrical speedo? Maybe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave