New from Pennsylvania

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
That is quite the monster you plan on building! Low gearing will compensate for lower power :) An SM465 with a 205 or an Atlas would work real good. Also an RV cam will build torque right off of idle which is what you want.

Any ways looking forward to seeing you get it done!

I hope to plan on building it like that haha Do you personally think I should get 1 ton rears, i feel like it's going to be too much for my 1/2 tons. But I don't know all too much about it. I'm still learning :angels2: I'll look into that totally! Thanks for the advice :) I really appreciate it! :D

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I hope to plan on building it like that haha Do you personally think I should get 1 ton rears, i feel like it's going to be too much for my 1/2 tons. But I don't know all too much about it. I'm still learning :angels2: I'll look into that totally! Thanks for the advice :) I really appreciate it! :D

No prob:)

With 42s a Dana 60 front axle and a 14 bolt FF rear end is a must IMO. Also gonna need some ladder bars for the rear with that high of a lift. And a real good Quadjet will do real good even on a 454. I beat Holleys with BF hammers lol

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I think somebody said that Demon now makes an offroad carb. Its all most impossible to beat the off camber performance of a good Quadjet with its centrally located float bowl

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
No prob:)

With 42s a Dana 60 front axle and a 14 bolt FF rear end is a must IMO. Also gonna need some ladder bars for the rear with that high of a lift. And a real good Quadjet will do real good even on a 454. I beat Holleys with BF hammers lol

Lemme write this stuff down hold on :p I have a Rodchester Quadrajet on there right now, my dad tuned it basically just right. Sad thing is, with my stock exhaust it doesn't sound loud. But with my exhaust leak at the doughnut it makes my truck sound like its all cammed out and sounds good hahahaha that's so sad to say but it's true. :bawl:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Haha you sound just like us lol

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Definitely keep the carb then! Pick up an Edelbrock Performer 2-0 #2161. I think the RPM air gap would work well too Edelbrock #7561 especially if you plan on doing lots of mudding!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Headers will really help a big block breathe especially when you put in a cam!

I would port and polish the heads and gasket match the intake to the heads.

I am not the most experienced with big blocks but the basics are the same. There are a few big block guys on this forum though so when your ready just post a thread in the appropriate category and then guys will chime in a lot more then on an introduction thread

For example "How do I build a baddass 42" Monster ?" :)

Last edited:

84BanditK10

Reaction score
First Name
Alley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Headers will really help a big block breathe especially when you put in a cam!

I would port and polish the heads and gasket match the intake to the heads.

I am not the most experienced with big blocks but the basics are the same. There are a few big block guys on this forum though so when your ready just post a thread in the appropriate category and then guys will chime in a lot more then on an introduction thread

For example "How do I build a baddass 42" Monster ?" :)

Yeahh, I'm actually going to do straight pipes, here in PA they're illegal but in a few weeks I'm moving to Alabama so rules get less strict haha. And okay! I just have to figure out how to use this site a little more since I'm not used to the whole forum/thread deal lol but thank you so much for all your suggestions! Biiiiig help!!!!! :D :D :D when I post my pics I gotta give you credit for the advice haha :D

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yeahh, I'm actually going to do straight pipes, here in PA they're illegal but in a few weeks I'm moving to Alabama so rules get less strict haha. And okay! I just have to figure out how to use this site a little more since I'm not used to the whole forum/thread deal lol but thank you so much for all your suggestions! Biiiiig help!!!!! :D :D :D when I post my pics I gotta give you credit for the advice haha :D

Haha no worries. If you scroll down to the bottom right corner of the page you will see a little box that says "Search Forums" click on it and there you have all the categories. Click on the appropriate category and it will give you all the threads that have been started in that category. At the top left of that page there is a little box that says "New Thread" click on that to start your own thread. Put your title and what your issue is and then hit post. :) Then sit back and :popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thank you very much! :) She definitely likes to take my money that's for sure.!

Now you know how women really are. :shrug: DOH !!! Wait !!! I didn't say that. :happy175:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size