New Carb Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikedbnt

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Cheyenne Trailering Special
Engine Size
Hi all I recently bought a 1975 C20 Cheyenne Trailering Special. I'm really excited about it because I have wanted a truck like this for a long time. I'm younger and don't have a lot of experience with carbs, but that's part of the reason I bought this truck because I wanted to learn.

Before I bought it, the truck sat for about 10 years. Since then I've been replacing a lot of items, brake lines, hoses, belts, etc. It has the original quadradjet but the accelerator pump leaks bad and it was seeping fuel from the bottom of the carb too. I bough an Edelbrock 1406 (600cfm) carb to swap on the original manifold. I want to replace that too but I just wasn't ready to spend the money yet. Although if its better to just replace them both I think I can make it happen.

The issue I'm having is that after I put on the adapter plate and got the carb set on I needed adaptors for the transmission kick down and throttle cable. The adapter bolts to the back of the manifold where the original mount holds the cables. (not the mount on the back of the original quadrajet) Maybe I'm missing something here but of the tools I have I can't seem to get to the two bolts to remove that original bracket so I can put on the new one. What is the best way/tool to remove this?

Any advice is much appreciated, I want to learn as much as I can!

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Welcome,
I just put the same carburetor on a stock intake an used the original bracket the only thing I needed was a piece at the end of the throttle cable to attach to the edlebrock, everything else hooked back up. I’m very pleased with the new carburetor can you post a picture of what you are working on.

Mikedbnt

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Cheyenne Trailering Special
Engine Size
Yes, I will have time this Saturday to take a pic and work on it. Thank you for your help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk