Backfires through carb when stepped on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big SW

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Goodwrench 350
One night my pickup quit me (bad ignition module), so I fixed it and drove home from my buddy's place. Next day I fired it up to put it in the shed and it backfires through the carb when stepped on. The old carb was a leaky 600cfm Holley. Since leaking and was monkey rigged (from previous owner) I bought a 1905 650CFM AVS2 Edelbrock. It still backfires through carb. I checked all vacuum lines the entire valve train. It has new coil, rotor, cap, plugs, and wires. The valvetrain is also in proper working order. I also moved around the timing a bunch between 4 degrees to 12 and it still backfires. Also, the wires are in the correct firring order 1-8-4-3-5-6-7-2. Need help fast it's my daily.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
flat cam maybe... Any noticeable valvetrain noise, ticking etc.?

Big SW

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Goodwrench 350
no sounds from any valvetrain parts and they all are getting oil. if it was a flat cam wouldn't it do it all the time not when I step on it. if you bring it up slow like granny style it works perfect.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
18436572. Should be cast into intake manifold. And very well could be flat cam. Had the same scenario with my first truck, had a 350 with several worn cam lobes. Amazing it ran as good as it did. I would Check your valve lift.

Big SW

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Goodwrench 350
My bad on the firing order. I also just put a new timing gears and chain in it about 500 miles ago, if that helps with anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad