new 78 K10 from oregon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
hey there! new here, recently bought my first truck a 1978 chevy K10 4x4! i got her for 550 in good enough condition to drive home, needed a tune up, battery cables (and a battery rewire the previous owner had it wired WIERD) and an idle adjustment now she runs amazing! and after some paint she was even better, i had like no knowledge about chevy c/k series trucks a few days ago when i bought her, i had been looking for a cheep jeep cherokee since they had solid axles and i could get them for under 1000 and i found this thing for 550 it was running solid axles and already had the tires and height i wanted so i jumped and got her, on the 1 hour drive home (that took 3 hours) i learned she idled low, that the fuel gauge was way off, and that she needed battery cables, started replacing things and cleaning her up, trimed the fenders, flexed her out, found all her kinks that need worked out, and every day i find more that i love about her!
i dont really know what else to say about her so i guess ill just show her off!

this is her the day i bought her before i brought her home!

You must be registered for see images attach

this is the next day after waking up early and having my buddy coming over to get some weight removed

and this is the next day after paint!

and this is after the rear fender trims!

driver side

passenger side

and thats it! check out my build thread Project Cheep Wheeler!

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4018

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
A lot of Pacific NW guys showing up lately, pretty cool! Always been envious of you guys, beautiful scenery to wheel in! Welcome to the forum!!

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
A lot of Pacific NW guys showing up lately, pretty cool! Always been envious of you guys, beautiful scenery to wheel in! Welcome to the forum!!

yea most of our spots are beautiful especially the ridgline trails with the veiws! we are lucky to have one of the top 3 4 wheeling spots in america to! its just plain awesome having it within an hours drive!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

warrpath4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1972/ 1977
Truck Model
72 K5/ 77 Jimmy
Engine Size
350/ 400

depends on what part of oregon, it aint ALL green lol. i just moved from north eastern oregon and it was the desert

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
depends on what part of oregon, it aint ALL green lol. i just moved from north eastern oregon and it was the desert

well the western half of oregon is green lol once you go over the pas its all high desert though haha :)

warrpath4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1972/ 1977
Truck Model
72 K5/ 77 Jimmy
Engine Size
350/ 400
yup, i was born in coos bay, so ive lived on both sides of the state. still have a house in coos bay and if there were jobs id be there right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx