Need some advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gman73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Ck20
Engine Size
350 v8
Some of the folks on here followed my thread, and many have given me great advice. Thank you all for that. Big question now is what do I do going forward?
Long story short I've probably got about 3800 dollars in my ground up restoration thus far on my 73 K 20 and as many know I lost my place to work on it, moved it out of the brother in laws yard and parked it in the alley trying to find a solution. This weekend Sacramento police towed it to their impound say if i pick it up by Monday will cost me about 400 more bucks, long story short it's turning into a money pit and I'm loosing hope. Sad thing is all the frame,cab sheet metal, gas tanks, engine, transfer case, transmission, new headers and exhaust are completed and restored, I didn't put the dash back in but the truck runs beautifully. I've got hundreds of hours of my time in at this point. A guy who I know in Sacramento say's he can store it he just bought a hose recently, and if we finish it and i sell it we can work out a deal to pay him some money out of the sale. At this point I'd take next to nothing to sell it. If I put it on Marketplace and could get 3k I'd be thrilled. At 70 now and not having many funds and not a lot of energy left to work on it what do you guy's think? Let it go to the impound lose everything or try to salvage some funds?

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you have the funds available, I would definitely get it out of impound and get it to a secured storage area or as you said, your friends house. Too much effort to let it go to waste.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I agree with these guys, id say recover it, find a safe place to keep it, even temporarily, and decide from there.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Is it driveable or does it need to be towed away? (License issues aside, if it doesn’t have plates.)
What it’s worth depends on, well, what it’s worth.
If the short term solution storage guy is legit, I guess that’s your only option at this point?
Or what about an outdoor RV storage place. Buy a month of storage to sort out getting it sold. Or maybe someone nice on this forum lives near Sac and would let you. However the fees are building daily at the impound so gotta get it gone today or tomorrow if you can.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
storage unit
Had a shop set up in one in my lean days....
But get it out of the pound. They're a den of thieves, everyone else wind up making $$ off your rig & parts.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Well, that story is like an analogy for the rest of your life based on the images your tale conjures in  my head.
70 years old.
Are you ready to lay down and let Father Time have his way with you like a you're an Alterboy or did you have any other plans?
Same thing here. Do you think just because you're a septuagenarian that makes you an old geek and are you prepared to live that way - or did you build that truck for some alternative purpose?
Don't ask us dude, look in the mirror. Ask YOU. Are you ready to lay down and get f*cked?

nobody saw the Carpenters comin.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd pay the $400 and take to your bud's place and sell it for $400 just to say it did it on my terms.
It would be hard to lose something like that and forget about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg