Need a frame measurement bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000xpsd

Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Building a 86 4wd sb. The left radiator support bracket was rotted so I got one from lmc. Of course it didn't fit, the top to bottom holes on the frame side of the bracket measure 2.75". The frame holes measure 2.5", the right side bracket which is good and oem measures 2.5". I called lmc to talk to anyone in tech or r&d...waste of time as they don't let you talk to anyone, the stupid cs agent emails the problem to whoever then they call you back with an answer. Well it's been 2 days and no answer so screw them. So can someone take a quick measurement of a later truck and see what they get 2.5 or 2.75??? Maybe I have some mongrel frame...or lmc is making bad brackets...it's one or the other

2000xpsd

Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Gee thanks for the help, great forum

I ended up measuring 2 other truck both were 2.5". LMC took a week to get back to me, their response " the warehouse checked the other brackets and the measurements match the one we sent. The test truck was checked and it matched the one we sent you"
Me "Ok then please tell me why the 3 trucks I measured don't match your "test" truck. Did you measure more than 1 truck when you reverse engineered this part?"
Cs agent had zero clue
"Can I talk to someone in the warehouse that would have a clue?"
"Nope, we don't have anyone in that department"

So in a nutshell LMC sucks is you need any help and beware of their exclusive parts or any parts that they spec' themselves. I also ordered their frame bracket bolt kit since I removed all my rivets...friggen things are 1 1/2" long, suppose to be 1". The only bracket that uses 1 1/2" is the rear bracket for the front leaf springs. I didn't waste my time explaining that one to them since it would go on deaf ears

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had same story with suburban tailgate straps. Just for interest i will try to measure on my suburban today or tomorrow on the frame bracket

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I ordered some cab bolts from LMC and the shipping was $21 for
4 bolts and when I got them they where just grade 5 bolts
I could have got at any hardware store
$4 each + $21 never again

Do you have pic of the support bracket you need

2000xpsd

Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think I figured it out, LMC is correct with their bracket...they still suck but they are correct. I bought a frame and was told it was a 84, and it did have later parts on it so I was assuming the brackets and frame are late. I ended up measuring a pre 80...was 2 1/2" so I went back and measured the 85 again ...2 3/4". What happened was I made a template to measure since it was tuff to get in there, but I made it with the wrong measurement so it was my bad. So 80 and below are different...I oblong'd the to hole and now it works, I have to do the same for the other side now tho.
Lesson learned, I'm an idiot

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I was looking on my suburban and was not sure which bracket you were talking about. Glad you have it figured out

2000xpsd

Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was looking on my suburban and was not sure which bracket you were talking about. Glad you have it figured out

The bracket that the core support bolts to. The bracket then bolts to the frame and the from spring perch. If you stick your head under the bumper you can see it

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I can't get a measurement on it. Front hitch mounting is in the way