MY 1976 GMC ROYAL SIERRA 15 SHORT BED WITH A 454 SPRIT OF 76

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I like that paint scheme. One day down the road when I paint my truck back all white. I Might look into doing that center section in a wrap? Along with the Hood strips. Looks like that truck has bucket seats?

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
i took out the bench seat today. Look what I found under the bench seat. The factory build sheet. I Put it on a piece of glass and misted it with water. So very brittle

Attachments

• 76GMC BUILD.jpg
    76GMC BUILD.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 76GMC BUILD2.jpg
    76GMC BUILD2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 76GMC BUILD3.jpg
    76GMC BUILD3.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 45

BeastRunner

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25 - High Sierra
Engine Size
Well, I hope you don’t change anything because that’s original. The bicentennial trucks came with at least three color schemes. Blue on white or white on blue (yours) and a rare few got some fancy graphics in red, but only a few. I think I read on the Chevy Bonanza line there were only 10 of the 500 that got the red graphics. Info about the GMC spirits is really hard to find, many don’t believe they are genuine, but I have found enough unique examples of them all Royal Sierras to verify it’s not mocked up.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I wish the previous owner didn't repaint the exterior. Do you have any pictures on how mine would have looked like?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yup! You are right, after I saw your message here I Googled 74 Nova and it was certainly a 74......76 was ugly, he did not have a 76 (sorry if you like 76 Nova's....I think they are ugly). ;)
I had a ‘76 in high school. I thought it was less than desirable then, but they’ve grown on me a little since. From the doors to the rear, I think the body lines are nice, it’s just the headlight/grille combo that kinda doesn’t work.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well, I hope you don’t change anything because that’s original. The bicentennial trucks came with at least three color schemes. Blue on white or white on blue (yours) and a rare few got some fancy graphics in red, but only a few. I think I read on the Chevy Bonanza line there were only 10 of the 500 that got the red graphics. Info about the GMC spirits is really hard to find, many don’t believe they are genuine, but I have found enough unique examples of them all Royal Sierras to verify it’s not mocked up.
I agree...as rare as it is, I'd leave it stock. Don't lower it. There is a local guy here who has an all original Spirit of '76 Chevy K10. 400V8, auto and 203 transfer case and factory AC. It is all white with blue interior. He bought it new. I've been telling him I'll buy it from him if he ever sells it. It has the emblems on the door panels, but there aren't any graphics on it on the outside, just solid white. I haven't seen the seat because he has a saddle blanket seat cover on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128