Motor went from running great to Running like Crap over night... Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oregon78k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350 V8
So my 74 K10 with a 350 was running great when i last drove it... the next day i went out started it and took off... its extreamly slugggish and smells like gas BAD and back fires from time to time... also when i drive it slow it shifts perfectly fine, but when i give it alot of gas I swear it practically redlines befor shifting into 2nd (I dont have a tac so im just assumimng) and this all started happening at the same time. So I guessing maybe its out of time, or maybe the carb just got clogged ( I put some sea foam in the tank and so far no difference) I did replace the fuel filter as well. one of the plugs isnt getting spark? I just replaced the plugs about 4 months ago, but i checked acouple today and they do have a little bit of carbon build up on it... but not bad... anyways im not a machanic so im just guessing at all then... eveything seems to be hoocked up properly soo i dunno:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Moisture inside the distributor,caused from condensation can do things like that.
You said You changed plugs,How is the plug wires,distributor cap and rotor???
Not getting spark on a cylinder means a bad plug wire or distributor cap or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06