Methods for getting steering wheel straight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Well beating a dead horse here, but using the drag link to center the wheel maybe the last step.That applies only if the steering wheel and gearbox are centered to each other.He's changed the column, and the steering shaft.I would want to make sure the box is centered to the wheel, and the way Idaho vette said to check it is dirt simple. And Idaho vette, I'm with you on the test drive,but I got reprimanded at Firestone for test driving cars before and after alignments.I was told if it's in the green it's good and. get on to the next car. That's stupid in my opinion but book trained number crunchers are smarter than me.

Last edited:

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Well beating a dead horse here, but using the drag link to center the wheel maybe the last step.That applies only if the steering wheel and gearbox are centered to each other.He's changed the column, and the steering shaft.I would want to make sure the box is centered to the wheel, and the way Idaho vette said to check it is dirt simple. And Idaho vette, I'm with you on the test drive,but I got reprimanded at Firestone for test driving cars before and after alignments.I was told if it's in the green it's good and. get on to the next car. That's stupid in my opinion but book trained number crunchers are smarter than me.
NO THEY ARE NEVER RIGHT!!!!! .... That's why I ended my career in my own shop(last 20 years)!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg