Metal Treasures in the Oil Pan...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckler3

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 SBC
Well thanks for the warm welcome everyone.. The rest of the old motor appeared to have seen its best days already. I picked up a Blueprint crate 350 and a champion 3-row with electric fans. I got everything installed and even managed to get the new motor turned over for break in.

That lasted all of 12 minutes until a fuel leak was noticed near the inline filter. I tighted that up, noticed some of the fantastic hack wiring from the previous owners had melted a wire nut and was sparking against the passenger header. Got that all sorted but now the truck doesn't turn over. It cranks all day but nothing. At least I had a chance to verify the electric fans kick on at 190*..

I'm at a loss because of my weak electrical skills... I can produce a clean wire termination, but tracking the wiring of others is confusing for me. So it sits still..

Currently looking for a second set of eyes and/or brave soul to get me over the finish line on this (wiring / carb dialing in). My daily ate its timing belt leaving me at the mercy of my friend and his extra vehicle.

Treasures from the old oil pan:
You must be registered for see images attach

Old dirty motor:

Old motor removal:

Cylinder Health:

New Motor:

chuckler3

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 SBC
Got everything back together. Swapped out the starter for a mini high-torque for it's clock-ability. Took out my fuel pressure gauge as it was the cause of my minor fuel leak. I plugged everything back in and it fired right up.

That's when I noticed the water fall of fuel coming out of all sides of the carb. What is happening? It's literally gushing fuel from under the air cleaner. HALP.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
If the fuel is leaking from the top of the carb, most likely one of the floats is stuck or needle it pushes is stuck. See if the fuel is coming from the front fuel bowl or rear.

chuckler3

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 SBC
False alarm. I did check the floats, but then noticed that the hose clamp employed to hold the fuel line inlet had given up on the back side. The front looked tight, but the back was completely broken. It was spraying up onto the underside of the air cleaner giving the appearance of a beautiful fuel fountain installation.

Now to figure out why my idle is at 1800 and to get my pedal response back.. It's got about an inch of movement and needs some attention.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128