Manual Window Hard to Roll Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My passenger side Manual Window Is Hard to Roll Up. I have had the panel on and off the door around 15 times adjusting and trying to make it work correctly. 1st of the all, when the window would go up about 3" above the trim seal, then the leading edge would work its way out and the window would come out of the track. I check the vent window track and door to make sure they are not bent.
I have also installed a new regulator trying to help remedy the problem along with a new seal back earlier in the year. I corrected the problem of keeping the leading front edge of the glass in the track by installing a carburetor spring from the back of the bracket on the back seal to the side of the door underneath the regulator track. This seems to put just enough pressure to not allow the float out of the track. Is there a special lubricant that can be used to help and spray in the track? I am out of ideas at this point.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Dry silicone spray can be used inside the rubbe channel. Sounds like the top and bottom of the back window guide and not adjusted well or the guide is bent.

cah2873

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dry silicone spray can be used inside the rubbe channel. Sounds like the top and bottom of the back window guide and not adjusted well or the guide is bent.

Are you referring to the back guide? I though about getting another one of those (LMC for 19.99) and trying it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Are you referring to the back guide? I though about getting another one of those (LMC for 19.99) and trying it.

That is the one. I actually bought two of them from LMC by mistake and been trying to sell for a while if you decide to get them($5 cheaper each than from LMC). But you should be able to get it adjusted without replacing. Also make sure new seal is fully seated and force the glass fully in to the channel when adjusting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man