MagnaFlow vs Flowmaster vs Straight Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
I don't think they do but the claim resonator tips quite the ride i don't hear a difference when i ride with my friend to work. then again don't have very good hearing but i think i would be able to hear a difference before and after but i heard nothing.
I didn't think they did.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I miss my 70s Trans Ams with the Walker Turbo Sonics, no h pipe, and those glorious chrome turn downs. It didn't matter if it was a 400 Poncho or 403 olds, they sounded sweet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yesterday I stopped by the muffler shop to get a quote on replacing the pipes and installing my Flowmaster Bigblock 50 series. $375 and 3 hours!!!
Wtf....

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yes. My friend was taking engine advice from his dad and I was trying to talk reasonable sense into him. Dad won and in went the Performer cam..stock 882s..Performer intake? I don't remember..3.48in. Eagle crank and 6 inch rods. /smh.
Whatever. He spent $2700 paying someone else to build that motor and it died in short order.
The 362 c.i. "pile of ****" that I built for $1100 with as many used parts as was possible will STILL run circles around wtfe his piece of crap is today. That was about 1999 - 2001in there..we're not buddies anymore.

He had a great bottom end but the cam/heads/intake - the top end - couldn't support it and that's WAY MORE important. On the street? Stop light to stop light?! Get real. 1&3/4 primaries have their place in uber high HORSEPOWER engines that run at very high RPM sure, but I digress.
How old are you @Iowan?
If you are a kid <25? than no, you prolly don't want Super Turbos right now but know that they are built well and make good power. You will instead sacrifice real & useable torque + gas mileage suffers but it will be loud and everybody will look, which is really what you want. I vote Dynomax Race Bullets. They will ask you what they are.

I cannot speak for Flowmaster 40s without resonators because I have no experience.
I bought mine from a junkyard with the resonator tips installed. They came from a Corvette that's why I have four tips.
They are fiberglass packed, maybe three inches long...certainly it has some effect on the sound. They are mini glasspacks themselves!

Last edited:

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
upload to youtube, then post and click the icon that looks like film it is the multimedia loader thingamabob doohickey.
Thanks.
Yes. My friend was taking engine advice from his dad and I was trying to talk reasonable sense into him. Dad won and in went the Performer cam..stock 882s..Performer intake? I don't remember..3.48in. Eagle crank and 6 inch rods. /smh.
Whatever. He spent $2700 paying someone else to build that motor and it died in short order.
The 362 c.i. "pile of ****" that I built for $1100 with as many used parts as was possible will STILL run circles around wtfe his piece of crap is today. That was about 1999 - 2001in there..we're not buddies anymore.

He had a great bottom end but the cam/heads/intake - the top end - couldn't support it and that's WAY MORE important. On the street? Stop light to stop light?! Get real. 1&3/4 primaries have their place in uber high HORSEPOWER engines that run at very high RPM sure, but I digress.
How old are you @Iowan?
If you are a kid <25? than no, you prolly don't want Super Turbos right now but know that they are built well and make good power. You will sacrifice real & useable power and gas mileage may suffer but it will be loud and everybody will look.

I cannot speak for Flowmaster 40s without resonators because I have no experience.
I bought mine from a junkyard with the resonator tips installed. They came from a Corvette that's why I have four tips.
They are fiberglass packed, maybe three inches long...certainly it has some effect on the sound. They are mini glasspacks themselves!
I'm 16, and your right, I don't really want turbos right now. If I were going to build a engine id probably do a 383 stroker, because its powerful, but wont crack like a 400.

below is a picture of my engine specs.
You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Thanks.

I'm 16, and your right, I don't really want turbos right now. If I were going to build a engine id probably do a 383 stroker, because its powerful, but wont crack like a 400.

below is a picture of my engine specs.

crack? havent had a crack issue with my 406 since I bought it in 2012

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
crack? havent had a crack issue with my 406 since I bought it in 2012
Someone told me on here they were prone to cracking blocks and heads, but id be willing to give it another shot.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Another sbc vortec head nfg!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
"No fuel pump provision" ? That sucks.
Count me out.
Pass.

I met this dude from Iowa last night and was tellin him I had ANOTHER buddy from Iowa. wtf?
Were your ears burnin?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Someone told me on here they were prone to cracking blocks and heads, but id be willing to give it another shot.

I know the stock heads can crack but they were junk anyway, low compression, low hp, usually in a heavy vehicle stock and towing can make the get hot quick and that is what cracks heads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30