m60039 fuel pump no red spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldguygonefishing

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Hi All, new to site
i have owned this since 1986, just about replaced every nut and bolt in the old doll
fuel lines are getting bad from the ethanol, so might as well replace the pump, it is at least 20yrs old
i have installed carter fuel pumps on my 1983 gm k1500 350 sbc may times over the years they work perfect
however my new pump does not have the red spring under the arm, is this part of a redesign?
and can i just take the red spring from the old pump and put it in the new one?

Attachments

• fp.jpg
    fp.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 37

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I cannot answer your question, but I would think a quick phone call to Carter on Monday and you'd know for sure.

No offence meant buy this at all but your 40 year old rubber fuel lines are getting bad from old age. The whole ethanol thing is WAYYY over played, and there are many benefits and down falls to having it in the gas. The best thing is how much cleaner your fuel system will be. It was the same thing back in the 90's with oxygenated gas, with guys complaining it made their rigs run bad, and fuel lines go bad ect. I'm just saying.

oldguygonefishing

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
contacted carter, and was told it is a redesign, not sure if it should be redesigned this late, not like it goes on new trucks
i will install it and see

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had lots of trouble with a supposedly redesigned new pump. Can't remember what brand they were however inside the opening on top of the arm a return spring wasn't there. After one short commute the arm would only return about 1/2 way. Truck was running out of fuel under load. After 2 of those tried an AC Delco. Spring was in that brand.

Pump you show is missing a different spring maybe it will be ok? If you have trouble try AC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1