LS engine mounts for 85 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Busaman

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Hi guy,
I decided to swap an LS in my '85 K10. I'm having difficulty with my motor mounts. They will not line up. I'm using trans dapt adapters. Is there any drop in replacement that works? I've noticed a lot of people using DIRTY DINGO's set up. Any advice on this would be great. A friend of mine is also going to LS in his 79 C10 is having the same issue. The engine is approximately 1.75 to far back towards to firewall.

beest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Dirty dingo mounts are the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Busaman

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Thank, I went with the dirty dingos. I'm now having trouble with mating the engine to my 700r4. I first installed the engine w/o flywheel and torque converter. It fit up with ease. I tried it fully assembled and couldn't get it to mate up. The engine was about 1/4 to 3/8 separation from the transmission. Once I realized flywheel could be my problem, I removed it and the engine and trans mated up again. Has anyone experienced this? All the research I've doing says that you oval the torque converter holes out and everything fits...

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Thank, I went with the dirty dingos. I'm now having trouble with mating the engine to my 700r4. I first installed the engine w/o flywheel and torque converter. It fit up with ease. I tried it fully assembled and couldn't get it to mate up. The engine was about 1/4 to 3/8 separation from the transmission. Once I realized flywheel could be my problem, I removed it and the engine and trans mated up again. Has anyone experienced this? All the research I've doing says that you oval the torque converter holes out and everything fits...

I found this on LS1 tech.....

"You can use the TH700 with your LS1 motor no problem. You just have to either use the Hughes spacer between a 4l60e flexplate and the torque converter or you can use a flexplate spacer assembly from a vehicle equipped with a 4l80e transmission which typically goes in a truck. This "truck" flexplate has a GM part number of 12621399 and it comes with the correct spacer and bolts for about $50. When using this flexplate, you will have to elongate the torque converter holes about 1/8 - 1/4" with a die grinder to make it all work. Easy as pie."

Busaman

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
I appreciate the reply,
I have notched the flywheel bolt holes out. The problem is the curvature of the 5.3 flywheel. I was hoping somebody else has run into this issue with a K10 or 700R4

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have used old 4l60e(same as 700r4 mount) on 5.3 by slotting the bolt holes and adding a spacer on the nose of the torque converter. Remained with a stock flexplate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53