Lowered guy's please come in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fillpot

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Guy's got a 86 c10 that I just lowered 6 and 4 with belltech stuff, I found out when l put the kit on the someone had all ready changed the front hanger so I'm probably more like 8 or so in the rear, so my question is I'm needing a little more in the front, like 2 inches, I have spindles and springs now, really don't want to cut the coils, just wondering what control arms I could use with the belltech stuff, plus want to make sure it will align, I all ways used mcgaughys stuff for my other trucks which has probably been like 20 in the last 10 years lol, just used belltech on this one, both companies seem to make very nice stuff btw. THANKS!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I don't recommend them since they are too low to the ground IMO, but you could use lowered control arms, lot of people use them..

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
Guy's got a 86 c10 that I just lowered 6 and 4 with belltech stuff, I found out when l put the kit on the someone had all ready changed the front hanger so I'm probably more like 8 or so in the rear, so my question is I'm needing a little more in the front, like 2 inches, I have spindles and springs now, really don't want to cut the coils, just wondering what control arms I could use with the belltech stuff, plus want to make sure it will align, I all ways used mcgaughys stuff for my other trucks which has probably been like 20 in the last 10 years lol, just used belltech on this one, both companies seem to make very nice stuff btw. THANKS!

unless you want to be on the ground I would recommend removing the rear shackles and going back to a stock shackle. that would raise your back 2" and make it sit more level... but if youre crazy, like me, this is what I did.... my truck is 6.5ish/9... back sounds like its the same as yours... 5" flip, 2" front spring hanger, 2" rear shackle and c notch. front is 3" djm drop lower control arms, djm extended tubuler upper control arms, 2.5" drop spindle, and a brand new set of springs with one round cut off them. Looks great, rides great... but its LOW. the front control arms are less than 1.5" off the ground. tough to drive as always have to look out for potholes and uneven roads....

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI

......Or you could just bag it...

Fillpot

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
R10c10, yea man truck sits just like yours in the back, especially on the rally's, that's what I'm on 8's and 10's, smooothandlow84 every thing I've ever had has been static dropped lol, bagging may not be such a bad idea but don't no about drag racing with bags lol. THANKS GUY'S!

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
R10c10, yea man truck sits just like yours in the back, especially on the rally's, that's what I'm on 8's and 10's, smooothandlow84 every thing I've ever had has been static dropped lol, bagging may not be such a bad idea but don't no about drag racing with bags lol. THANKS GUY'S!

Four link the rear and coilovers (adjustable).

I was just joking about bagging it....just trying to get a rise out of you.

I agree with r10c10...and go back to the stock shackles. Back before my square was bagged, I had about the same drop as r10c10, but I did not have lower control arms. I hate them because the lower spring pockets, sit too low ad hit damn near everything. My setup was 2 inch drop spindles, 3 inch drop coils ( inner fenders removed). Rear consisted of a flip kit, overload springs removed and 2 inch dop shackles with the bed rails notched...and I had a mini notch. My drop was appox 6 front and 8 ish rear. It sat a little lower than r10c10s tuck.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Every time you use an apostrophe to make a plural, a puppy dies.

This coming from you......lol . Hell, most of your posts read more like ebonics...lol

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
You shouldn't throw stones and live in a glass house.

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
Four link the rear and coilovers (adjustable).

It sat a little lower than r10c10s tuck.

ummmm.......no.... no it didn't....... I was easily an inch lower than you before you went bagged..... and while you might have the last laugh being adjustable and lower now...... you most definitely were not lower then.......

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hahaha..oops.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
ummmm.......no.... no it didn't....... I was easily an inch lower than you before you went bagged..... and while you might have the last laugh being adjustable and lower now...... you most definitely were not lower then.......
That blue one needs something maybe more low..... I’m not sure...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
This is a sexy bitch!!!!!
@cooperhw

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
scraping is not my thing but damn that looks nice. you know i think i kinda am starting to like the look.

Bag it...bag it...bag it........

Laying frame or pinch welds along with a manual transmission is the ultimate anti theft deterrant for the next generation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade