Looking for a decent bench seat cover that doesn't break the bank...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Covercraft precision covers. Kinda pricey $400, but they are foam backed and have pockets. I've been thinking about it for awhile now.
I used cover craft years ago,was going to say covercraft before I even saw your post,went online to see if they were still in business,saw they are also saw some bad reviews. Read up. My expierience with covercraft was absolutely better than anyone could of expected,the look,the fit everything.

jrico

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
A friend of mine here in Cottonwood does interiors, and I'm going to have her do my bench with Blue marine grade vinyl. Right now it's blue cloth and unfortunately it's splitting.(Truck has been in AZ most of it's life and sat in the sun unprotected for 5 years). I've had this lady do my old ^5 Suburban twice, and my old 65 Chevy II Nova 4 door once. Excellent work. She does a lot of old cars and trucks, as well as furniture.

Attachments

• IMG_6134.JPG
    IMG_6134.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 41

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A friend of mine here in Cottonwood does interiors, and I'm going to have her do my bench with Blue marine grade vinyl. Right now it's blue cloth and unfortunately it's splitting.(Truck has been in AZ most of it's life and sat in the sun unprotected for 5 years). I've had this lady do my old ^5 Suburban twice, and my old 65 Chevy II Nova 4 door once. Excellent work. She does a lot of old cars and trucks, as well as furniture.
AZ and vinyl seat? Idk man, the new vinyl seat in the ole 86 will blister the back of your legs just sitting in the sun up here on a cool 80deg summer day…

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just recovered mine this weekend, $259 from Classic Parts. Looks brand new. https://www.classicparts.com/1973-80-Seat-Cover-Kit-Velour-Black-Bench-Seat/productinfo/28-803B/

It took me about 3 hours to get it all in place, had to fix the foam while I was in it though.
You must be registered for see images attach
In hindsight, I don’t think there’s a better value than the multitude of OE-like seat covers like this one from any number of mfgs.
I opted to have a local guy do it. Who’s been good to me in the past and seemingly good prices to my buddy who’s had a couple different seat covers made.
To be fair it probably was a good deal for a custom hand stitched piece, installed. But yeah I would have pocketed at least $300 for an afternoons worth of time had I just bought an off the shelf piece and installed it myself. Especially, knowing that my actual seat and foam didn’t need any re-work or repairs.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
AZ and vinyl seat? Idk man, the new vinyl seat in the ole 86 will blister the back of your legs just sitting in the sun up here on a cool 80deg summer day…
I don't like vinyl here in Wa. I have the same complaint about leather too. I just don't get the leather seat craze, thanks to leather being cold in the winter and blisteringly hot in the summer, cars come now with heater and cooled seats. No thanks I'll stick with cloth, but that's me.

I'm about a 1 year and 9 months in on my $35 amazon special saddle blanket seat cover and it's holding up GREAT. And keep in mind that my truck gets driven a lot more than probably most guys drive their squares.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I know but as much as I use my truck, the cloth doesn't hold up very well, unfortunately. I can look into a solid type of cloth material that doesn't have pleats. Maybe a commercial grade cloth. This is what my seat looks like now after 5 years

Attachments

• IMG_6162.JPG
    IMG_6162.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 36

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I know but as much as I use my truck, the cloth doesn't hold up very well, unfortunately. I can look into a solid type of cloth material that doesn't have pleats. Maybe a commercial grade cloth. This is what my seat looks like now after 5 years
I don't know what accounts for this but my 84 seats are cloth and look brand new. I'm thinking it's because they have always been covered. Like you my truck is constantly in use.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I don't know what accounts for this but my 84 seats are cloth and look brand new. I'm thinking it's because they have always been covered. Like you my truck is constantly in use.
Same here. Seat still looks like new, even though it gets used everyday, because it's been covered its whole life.
Wanna keep it that way, because i use it, and if im gonna get grease and dirt on the seat, want it to be on the cover instead.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Same here. Seat still looks like new, even though it gets used everyday, because it's been covered its whole life.
Wanna keep it that way, because i use it, and if im gonna get grease and dirt on the seat, want it to be on the cover instead.
I agree and that's the only thing wrong with my seat cover. I should have picked brown, but I went with tan, and I've darkened the drivers side some.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
It only burns for a second

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Which cover did you go with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod