LMC Door / Interior Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Anyone here ever bought any? They seem to come pretty stripped - but can dress them up ala cart if need be. They're also pretty inexpensive compared to most others. Also wondering about the other trims - headliner, a/b pillars, etc.

Just wondered if you liked them, level of quality, etc.

THX

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Just bought the door panels and headliner. Both are high quality and look good. I added the carpet, chrome strip, and carpet trim piece to mine. Wanted the fully dressed door panels from the other place, but was not willing to wait the 12 weeks + to get them.
Eric

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just bought the door panels and headliner. Both are high quality and look good. I added the carpet, chrome strip, and carpet trim piece to mine. Wanted the fully dressed door panels from the other place, but was not willing to wait the 12 weeks + to get them.
Eric
Thats about where I'm at. THX

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Anyone here ever bought any? They seem to come pretty stripped - but can dress them up ala cart if need be. They're also pretty inexpensive compared to most others. Also wondering about the other trims - headliner, a/b pillars, etc.

THX
Their basic door panels are decent quality and fit well, although there is no recess for a cloth or velour panel… the ribbed channels are formed in the hard plastic. So you can’t upgrade to a Silverado/Sierra Classic trim level. For my High Sierra, I bought the basic panels and all the trim/chrome/pocket/carpet ..you don’t need to buy an additional inner window felt seal (it’s already on the door panel)

Yes, the other pieces are of good quality. ABS plastic Headliner- A & B pillar trim - upper front/rear and side headliner trim...
color match all pieces for a consistent and factory look.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size

THX
I'm curious also, Subscribed

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I want mine to look just like firetruck,,,,minus the pull handle is that possible?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
I'm curious also, Subscribed
My above post answered all the questions that were asked,
What else are you wanting to know?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
I want mine to look just like firetruck,,,,minus the pull handle is that possible?
Yes, they sell the inserts without provisions for the pull handles

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
thank you Sir

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Their basic door panels are decent quality and fit well, although there is no recess for a cloth or velour panel… the ribbed channels are formed in the hard plastic. So you can’t upgrade to a Silverado/Sierra Classic trim level. For my High Sierra, I bought the basic panels and all the trim/chrome/pocket/carpet ..you don’t need to buy an additional inner window felt seal (it’s already on the door panel)

Yes, the other pieces are of good quality. ABS plastic Headliner- A & B pillar trim - upper front/rear and side headliner trim...
color match all pieces for a consistent and factory look.
I'm not a fan of the Silverado / velour insert panels. Had them on my 86 K10 Silverado and all they did was attract dirt and show wear. The pockets are semi-worthless IMO too. USA1 has a step down from the $625 Silverado panels that I really like.....they're around $460. The more I look at LMC's base panels with all the ala cart bling added (like yours) - it comes out to the ones I want for about $150 cheaper. That about covers the lower carpeted panels.

Thanks for the pic FireTruck - thats the look I want (only in charcoal). :hat:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 305
Are those ABS headliners cloth covered? ABS just the base? IIRC the old originals were a press board that didn't last long.

THX!
Yes cloth covered ABS in factory colors, minor trimming near the visor mounts is usually needed.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
My above post answered all the questions that were asked,
What else are you wanting to know?
More than one opinion on a company or product is usually helpful and sometimes reassuring before dropping $1000-1600 on interior parts. My "Cart" on LMC has been fluctuating in that range for about a week now as I try decide what exactly I'm going to do.

THX
This part specifically...

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
As another option, Coverlay makes door panels for 81-91's. They have the appearance of the 89-91. In photo 1 you can see they install velour where the band goes (I have my new cloth inserts laying on top of theirs). I will be stripping it since they are glued and using the band without the pull strap like I did on my '79 (photo #2).

They have 15 colors available and don't have the pockets. I found them cheapest at Rockauto $307-$346 depending on color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB