lift idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Did you happen to check out our sticky in this forum?

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2494

Thanks for bringing this thread up 89S, I was wondering where this thread went and was just telling someone else about it today or yesterday and was looking for it myself a few days ago.

Not sure what happened here, but I undeleted your post. Great time to make it more accessible to all the members.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
he deleted it for a reason

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just went went back and checked into that. Appears there was a misunderstanding, and he deleted the post related to that misunderstanding which he should have. Not sure how there was a misunderstanding when the link is certainly relevant to the thread and very helpful, and to others who find this thread. Nonetheless, it's handled, all is well and we carry on as if it didn't happen. :waytogo:

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
just my input but i wouldent lift it for 32's they should clear fine and still give you good drivability, my truck is stock height on 33's and just for the hell of it the other day we put my friends 39's on it and they cleared just fine. the only mod i have is my fenders being cut back 2 inches. chevy did their wheel wells right BIG! id do a 2inch that way your tires wont look terribly small but give you room to go upto 39's with a little bit of trimming. good luck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
32 and 33 would be fine on a stocker, but 39's even with a 2 inch back on the fender, you go wheeling and start flexing the suspension, those 39's would be getting cut up.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i fit them just fine even flexed lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i fit them just fine even flexed lol

If you're going off your simple test in the yard, that's not very accurate. The truck will probably flex more than that out on the trail, not to mention you lose a ton of clearance when you turn the wheel.

Also, most folks wouldn't consider your trim job to be a mild trim.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you're going off your simple test in the yard, that's not very accurate. The truck will probably flex more than that out on the trail, not to mention you lose a ton of clearance when you turn the wheel.

I agree. Real life situation, if you're getting any kind of radical, you're going to flex about double what your showing. And I would leave your trim where it's at. You did make a wise decision IMO and kept the trim mild, and for a good reason also IMO, to avoid high lift and keep low COG, but you still might want to consider a 2 in lift and I'd really go 4 since the price is not much different for the kit, and at 4in doesn't require alot of mods in the way extending brake lines and such. 4in and your trim, you should have good room to run your tires.

wheelerboy12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

i figured 2 inches back was pretty standard, and yea i know what your saying i would run in to other issues on the trail my point of the statement was he would have no issues at all running 32's on stock height.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
its not that i didnt think 32"s clear stock height(cause im running them now). But i just want to lift it up a bit. Theres a girl at school with what looks to be a 2" block lift on the back(didnt look at the front)shes running the sames tires as me. And that looks ok, so im thinking a 4" will look ok.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That girl could actually have a 4 inch lift spring in the front and only a 2in block in the rear to make it sit level. You know trucks usually are higher in the rear, so it makes sense to lift the front 4 with springs, and then the rear only 2. I've even seen some 6in fronts get 3 inch blocks in the rear and it still looked fairly level.

I've seen many 33's on 4 inch lift and it looks fine. So you could always do the 4in lift and if you don't like it, just upsize to 33's when it comes time for tires next time. You can actually even get by with 35s with a 4in lift as long as you're not doing mega flexing and keeping it reasonable.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
(i know, its not street practical) but befor i got her, i was looking at 12" lifts. And they were 12" front spring and 8" rears with like 3" blocks.