LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 2WD
Engine Size
6.2L Detroit Diesel
Anyone have experience with LED headlights on these trucks? I imagine the bulbs are just plug and play but didn’t know if they would fit clearance wise with these headlights.

There’s also the drop in 4”x6” led housings which might be a better idea.

I’ve had HID’s on many cars before but I know they draw a lot of power and can melt/cause issues. Figured LED would be less strain on the electrical system and provide some good light output.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Have you done any searches to see what's currently available?
There are LED H4 type of bulbs but depending on the reflector inside the housing, they may work or be broken up shadows and hot spots.

The good one's that pro truck drivers have been using are like $500 a pair, so...

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
They have square and round led conversions. I’m switching but have no experience yet to report.

If your headlights are pulling from dash power you should put them on a relay. Power the relay straight from the firewall junction block or aftermarket buss with a nice size wire, then just trigger the relay with dash power from headlight switch. Even oem headlights relying on dash power suffer. Anything with more draw will not perform really well unless you power the lights directly through a relay.

Check out www.madelectrical.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx