Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Anyone have any suggestions for a keyless entry system? Just finished putting power door locks in and want to install keyless now but not sure if one is better than another, ease of install price etc,

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How many wires are the actuators?

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Two wires to the actuator

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Did this today, picked up a bulldog keyless entry with remote start for about 100 dollars. Pretty simple to install, I spent about four hours and it's working great. I wasn't planning on the remote start but it was only 40 dollars more than just keyless entry.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
One side note is everything does work but it starts on the second attempt (the remote start tries three times before giving up). From what I've read is I need a separate relay. I think it doesn't give the fuel pump relay time to pump before turning engine over. It starts great on the second try but hard to impress the neighbors saying "just wait, it'll go next time ". Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes