K20 Heavy Duty Spring Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKRamsey1991

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Recently acquired an 86 K20 with the heavy duty frame and suspension options (C6P, F60). Do these trucks sit higher than a standard K10/K20? This truck as far as I can tell is all original suspension besides shocked but it seems to sit higher than trucks I have had in the past.

Does anyone know if those options increase the truck height? Currently trying to decide on tire size and pretty sure I can squeeze bigger on there than the 235/85r16s thats on it now.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 61

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Recently acquired an 86 K20 with the heavy duty frame and suspension options (C6P, F60). Do these trucks sit higher than a standard K10/K20? This truck as far as I can tell is all original suspension besides shocked but it seems to sit higher than trucks I have had in the past.

Does anyone know if those options increase the truck height? Currently trying to decide on tire size and pretty sure I can squeeze bigger on there than the 235/85r16s thats on it now.
bigger axle(most likely) , bigger tires, bigger springs, bigger brakes(esp rear) is a general trend on C6P so yes. But its not necessarily the case. But its most likely the case

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
-Im sorry for having spoken. I wont do it again

Last edited:

JKRamsey1991

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
According to the RPO tag it was a fleetside. The homemead flatI think makes the wheels look really inboard because of the long skirts and extra width of the bed.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 49

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
bigger axle(most likely) , bigger tires, bigger springs, bigger brakes(esp rear) is a general trend on C6P so yes. But its not necessarily the case. But its most likely the case
Nope, nope, nope (except maybe an extra leaf or 2 in back) and yep but has nothing to do with ride height.
@JKRamsey1991, the tightest spot for bigger tires is the back corners of the front fenders followed by the front corners. Measure what you have there at the tightest and decide how much bigger you can go.
There is nothing that makes a C6P ride higher in front than a non C6P. However your front springs don’t look original. And maybe a 2” lift? They’re not frowning…lol.
Stock and/or a little sacked out original springs will be inverted crown a little or alot.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
According to the RPO tag it was a fleetside. The homemead flatI think makes the wheels look really inboard because of the long skirts and extra width of the bed.
The front track width is wider and your flatbed is wider than normal bedside. There is nothing weird about the setup.

JKRamsey1991

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nope, nope, nope (except maybe an extra leaf or 2 in back) and yep but has nothing to do with ride height.
@JKRamsey1991, the tightest spot for bigger tires is the back corners of the front fenders followed by the front corners. Measure what you have there at the tightest and decide how much bigger you can go.
There is nothing that makes a C6P ride higher in front than a non C6P. However your front springs don’t look original. And maybe a 2” lift? They’re not frowning…lol.
Stock and/or a little sacked out original springs will be inverted crown a little or alot.
The front springs may have been replaced at some point I guess. Owner I bought it from only owned it since 2016 and he said he did not change them so still 30 years time there they could have been replaced.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yup. The front springs look healthy.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
LOL. Bartender, I'll have two of whatever she's having. :favorites13:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

Im sorry I spoke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84