just so much to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
Ok sorry to anyone following othe treads of mind had some computer tech problems and could not get online.
This is the issues I'm having as of today
1. The steering column is in bad shape. The ignition works find with key and the gear shift is find. The turn signal is on the left sid but is not locked tight (broken or not screwed I'm not sure) the wiper switch on the turn signal work find so I'm sure the wires or connected. The person before me put a nail in the column on the right near the gear shift that contorls the turn signal. The steering wheel it self is after market its locked in but at the has a lot of play in it. What I would like to no about this is can theis be restored if so how and what's needed?
2. Front in restoration . I notice after driving the front tires where balling out bad both on the inside. I got advice of different things tire rod end control arms everything. I have replaced tire end rods iner and outer both sides and edle arm. Problem just got worst and now do to new parts alignments is way off. What I would like to no is what's else there to do other than ball joints ?? And how to do a ball joint job. I have been told to replace the control arms makes it little easy but the bottom one takes some work. What work does the bottom one take and how do I replace the control arms. Thanks and I'm sorry if its hard to understand tried to make it simple

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
WHOA! This is hard to read. As for the front end, did you verify any of that stuff needed replacing before doing all of that? it may have just been out of alignment.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Maybe this will get more responses:

Okay, I’m back.
I apologize to anyone who was following the other threads I had posted previously. I had some computer technical problems and could not get online.

These are the issues I’m currently looking at:

· The steering column is in bad shape. The good news is that the ignition works fine with the key - and gear shift operation is fine.
· The turn signal stalk is loose. It may be broken or not screwed in, I’m not sure.
· The wiper switch on the end of the turn signal stalk works fine, so I’m sure the wiring for the wipers is good.
· The person before me put a nail in the column on the right near the gear shift that controls the turn signal.
· The steering wheel itself is aftermarket. It is securely fastened to the steering shaft but there is a lot of play in the upper end. My question is this;
Can I do anything to remove this excess play and if so, how?
Also what parts would be required to effect the repair?

2. Front end restoration:
· After driving the truck for awhile, I noticed that both front tires were badly worn on the inside.
· I was advised to replace a number of different components - tie rod ends, control arms, etc. I have replaced the inner and outer tie rod ends on both sides. Also renewed the idler arm. I have not yet replaced the control arms or the ball joints.
· Even after replacing all the parts listed above, the tire wear issue did not improve. It actually got worse.
· Also, due to the installation of the new parts, my front end alignment is way off.
· What I would like to know is this; What else can I replace to resolve the tire wear problem? I know that I still need to replace the ball joints and control arms but is there anything else that should be done?
· Can anyone give me a procedure that covers ball joint replacement?
I have been told that it is easy to do the upper ball joint at the same time that the control arm is out for replacement.
On the other hand, I hear that doing the lower ball joints is more difficult. What is the procedure for lower ball joint replacement?
· Finally, can anyone tell me how to replace the control arms.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I apologize if this is hard to understand. I really did try to make it easy to read.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara