Just Getting Started on a 1982 K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andygun7

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I recently purchased a 1982 K10 for my son and I to start working on. I have a few questions: Where is a good place to start looking for parts? The trucks metal is all good, was redone by previous owner and the truck is all primer, but we are missing quite a few things such as windshield wipers etc, my question is where is a good place to go looking for such odds and ends?

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Craigslist is an option. I also got some parts from the guys in here.

Welcome to the Forum and post up some pics!:cheers:

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Salvage yards, lmc truck, cal speed shop, The Chrome Guy.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Rockauto still carries alot for these trucks.

Also, I'm a big fan of Classicpart's. I wish they had stuff for my Ford project too lol.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You'd be surprised at how many square body parts your local auto parts store has. For example, vent window latch hardware, windshield wiper washer assy, headlight switch, radiators, and more.

And there are still a few of these trucks in junkyards. I found a rust-free inner fender, complete vent window assembly with good rubber, and some trim parts at one near me.

Other vendors I've used:
ClassicParts.com -- decent prices, fair shipping charges, and good tech support
LMC Truck -- OK if you don't need any technical help, but their shipping charges are high. If nothing else, their on-line and printed catalogs with exploded views are really nice.

There's also RockAuto.com. Sometimes they are WAY less expensive than other vendors, and they carry name-brand parts like Moog, AC-Delco, Sealed Power, Raybestos, KYB, etc. Just be careful of the shipping charges, because you could pay separate charges from 2- 3 different warehouses which could nullify your savings.

Speaking of name-brand parts, sometimes Amazon.com has low prices on AC-Delco, KYB etc. along with free shipping. And they are very good about accepting returns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay