John81287's wanted thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Looking for a few things! Any of
you fellas see one of these in a PNP I will gladly pay you to ship it to me!
You must be registered for see images attach
. Can be found in 08-13 silverado and Tahoe. Gotta have the home link in it please!

Also looking for a rust free long bed. Might possibly consider having it transported to me or picking up later this summer/ fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Bump!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Most of us guys here go to DIY u pull it yards and I'd be willing to bet we're not going to find an 08-13 truck in Pull A Part.

You might hit up smurph. IIRC, he works at an auto salvage yard dismantling wrecked vehicles his employer buys from the insurance pool auctions. He'd be the one that might find or come across one of these.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Actually, I see them on occasion but the last one we saw was completely obliterated, 2008s are 6 years old now. Isn't that just a part of the entire overhead console?

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Actually, I see them on occasion but the last one we saw was completely obliterated, 2008s are 6 years old now. Isn't that just a part of the entire overhead console?

Most of us guys here go to DIY u pull it yards and I'd be willing to bet we're not going to find an 08-13 truck in Pull A Part.

You might hit up smurph. IIRC, he works at an auto salvage yard dismantling wrecked vehicles his employer buys from the insurance pool auctions. He'd be the one that might find or come across one of these.

Hr I will try to hit him up and see if he can get one. Otherwise the buy it now on eBay is 45$ not too terrible.

Retro. In those years it was the entire console.

I'll keep looking for now not ready to do it yet

Duckzunlimtd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/V1500
Engine Size
I should be headed to a yard here in SC, lots of beds out there and mostly rust free being from the south. Not sure what they charge for them though. If you want I can get some pics if I head out there any time soon. This yard usually has anywhere from 10-30 squares out there at one time.. Most of them just with blown motors.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The last bed I seen for sale and I'm wanting to say he was in So Carolina, he was wanting $700. I about ****. His ad was gone 3 days later too, so I'm not sure if it sold, or if he got tired of being called a crook. But, if I can get $400 for my brown/tan 98% rust free bed with tailgate I'm going to sell it. Maybe selling that cab too. It appears if I got up northeast a little I can easily get $500 for it. If I could get $500 for it, it would be sold. Of course I'd have to keep the interior though.

Duckzunlimtd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/V1500
Engine Size
The last bed I seen for sale and I'm wanting to say he was in So Carolina, he was wanting $700. I about ****. His ad was gone 3 days later too, so I'm not sure if it sold, or if he got tired of being called a crook. But, if I can get $400 for my brown/tan 98% rust free bed with tailgate I'm going to sell it. Maybe selling that cab too. It appears if I got up northeast a little I can easily get $500 for it. If I could get $500 for it, it would be sold. Of course I'd have to keep the interior though.

I have the price sheet somewhere here in the house, I want to say a bed from there is $380 with a $60 or $70 core... Fenders are like $30.. A lot of these trucks almost look new. Im suppose to be going out there shortly to see if the CUCV is still out there with the axles under it. Ill take a few pictures of some of the "Junk" (as some would say) that is out there if I go. Its a nice place, they have each make of car sorted out, then by model and so on... Whole place is graveled and they even give big ass wheel carts to put stuff on.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I should be headed to a yard here in SC, lots of beds out there and mostly rust free being from the south. Not sure what they charge for them though. If you want I can get some pics if I head out there any time soon. This yard usually has anywhere from 10-30 squares out there at one time.. Most of them just with blown motors.

I'll be in the blue ridge mountains in northern Georgia end of June to early July. Maybe I might be able to get something together to rent a Uhaul to bring one back. Might even consider having one ship through u ship it

Wish I was coming out that way is be all about it for 400$. Too bad your soo far away!

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

Duckzunlimtd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/V1500
Engine Size
I'll be in the blue ridge mountains in northern Georgia end of June to early July. Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

If you happen to make your way through SC see if Orangeburg is too far out of your way. http://www.sunshineautosalvage.com/ is the place that I go to. You would be surprised by how many trucks are out here in such great shape. A lot of interior stuff is gutted or ruined but fenders, hoods, glass doors and such are awesome out here. I got a solid back glass for my 87 for $26... Thing looks brand new. On there site one of the slide show pictures is actually infront of all the squares, 80's and some 90's

Duckzunlimtd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/V1500
Engine Size
Also if you look at the picture of the air view of the place, that first row all the way to the right by the road, is nothing but squares. the next row behing that is the 88-90's

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Apparently there is a guy in TX with a good neck trailer and he loads this long as thing up with nothing but cabs and beds and drives to Canada and makes a killing. If I had to guess, looked like he had maybe 6 cabs and 8 beds on that trailer. Maybe more. :shrug: I think he may have dropped a couple off along the way too to people in Northern US. For a price of course.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Also if you look at the picture of the air view of the place, that first row all the way to the right by the road, is nothing but squares. the next row behing that is the 88-90's

That's cool! Next time you head out there can you ask them about the cost of a long bed for a square for me?

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Apparently there is a guy in TX with a good neck trailer and he loads this long as thing up with nothing but cabs and beds and drives to Canada and makes a killing. If I had to guess, looked like he had maybe 6 cabs and 8 beds on that trailer. Maybe more. :shrug: I think he may have dropped a couple off along the way too to people in Northern US. For a price of course.

Guy probably makes a small fortune! It's not a bad business plan!

Duckzunlimtd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/V1500
Engine Size
That's cool! Next time you head out there can you ask them about the cost of a long bed for a square for me?

Iv got the price list right here. The only thing about this place is if they sell a bed.. its the bed and the bed only. no lights or tailgate... but heres some prices.

Bed: $171.50 - $75 core
Cab: $165 - $75 core
Bench seat: $45
Tailgate: $55 - $10 core
T-case: $137 - $40 core
Trans: $143 - $40 core
Vent glass: $17 - $1 core
Door: $77 - $10 core
V8 motor: $326 - $95 core
Fender: $39 - $3 core
Hood: $60.50 - $7 core

Forum statistics